By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer delivers?

celador said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If there are genuinely some games that are 2 years out from now, I think it would be reasonable to announce some at E3 2018.

The usual suspects could be Halo 6, Gears 2 remaster, and open world Forza.

They gotta have a couple surprises at 2018, this year was evidently make good on long awaited games and some surprised timed exclusives.

I hope they have a few surprises next year. I know I am kind of anti-Xbox generally, but I do have an X1 and it is probably the worst console I've bought in recent times in terms of what I've got out of it. I would love MS to have some AAA exclusive surprises next year, because this is the second year in a row where a Forza game has been the one I'm most interested in, and it is pretty disappointing.

I really like the X1 but I'm also MS's base. I like their 1st parties and I've enjoyed their less praised 3rd party developed stuff.

It just depends on personal taste. I think people will always be critical that MS isn't aiming for the diversity of OG Xbox or 360. But the market has changed and there is less incentive to do that. So I own all the consoles, its an easy solution to play more great games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I guess it depends on a person's definition of diversity and where they set the bar with Phil for deliver/not deliver.

celador said:
KLAMarine said:

Did you think there was too much of one particular genre or aesthetic?

It just seems that it's mostly shooting or Forza in general on Xbox right now, at least in terms of what I find interesting. Games that don't centre around that, like Sea of Thieves, do nothing for me unfortunately

Well going through https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/videos , I see some decent variety. Not all of it appeals to me either but I have a hard time not acknowledging that I'm seeing more than just shooters.

This stuff is looking pretty diverse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7mUBTvxcY

Aeolus451 said:
I guess it depends on a person's definition of diversity and where they set the bar with Phil for deliver/not deliver.

What is your definition of diversity?

Phil Spencer is trickin xbox all over town.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

Plentiful amount of games from each genre to choose from or a balanced variety of games to choose from.

Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

Plentiful amount of games from each genre to choose from or a balanced variety of games to choose from.

What areas did you feel were lacking for Microsoft?

Sony 1st party isn't that greatly diverse either. It's mostly shooters with few exceptions. 3rd party wise they are the most diverse out there for consoles. MS not very diverse either way 1st or 3rd party. It's mostly samey. Nintendo has the most diverse 1st party. 3rd party wise not so much. MS is the weakest of the 3 as they don't offer that much in comparison to the other 2. This E3 was another year they were just boring. Forza and a lot of the same stuff we see every year.

SegataSanshiro said:
Sony 1st party isn't that greatly diverse either. It's mostly shooters with few exceptions. 3rd party wise they are the most diverse out there for consoles. MS not very diverse either way 1st or 3rd party. It's mostly samey. Nintendo has the most diverse 1st party. 3rd party wise not so much. MS is the weakest of the 3 as they don't offer that much in comparison to the other 2. This E3 was another year they were just boring. Forza and a lot of the same stuff we see every year.

There was some platformers with Super Lucky Tales and Cuphead. Survival with State of Decay. Action/Adventure with Crackdown. Simulation racing with Forza 7. Sea of Thieves is a exploration mmo type. Plus more. May not be for everyone but still. There was diversity and definitely wasn't same stuff. There was no Gears or Halo which was intentional.

SegataSanshiro said:

Meh that's opinon, just like they don't offer much in comparison to the other 2. Like for me I've played more hours of halo 5 than I did in total of all my wii u games, Nintendo got smash and mario kart going for me and that's about all. And when it comes to 3rd party MS and Sony are the same unless you like japanese developed games which I don't know many people that do just me and my friend really lol.