By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer delivers?

KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

Edited that for my sake. lol I hate when "feel" is used in that way. People use it too much. Anyway, at the risk of being confused with a broken record.... What are the areas they are always lacking?  New IPs, japanese games and RPGs. 

I recall seeing some new IP at Microsoft's E3. I counted eight in the montage below:

About twenty or so new IP in:

Do you think these are steps in the right direction for Microsoft?

I've said this a couple of times and it's just that ppl don't want to see it. It's almost like they didn't watch the conference and repeat what they always do. They were going to do this anyway.  

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

Edited that for my sake. lol I hate when "feel" is used in that way. People use it too much. Anyway, at the risk of being confused with a broken record.... What are the areas they are always lacking?  New IPs, japanese games and RPGs. 

I recall seeing some new IP at Microsoft's E3. I counted eight in the montage below:

Compared to what? Itself?

It's not enough in comparison to it's competion. 

From last year alone, ms released 26 exclusives to sony's 69 exclusives. That's a loose count but it's fairly accurate. I included console exclusives and brand exclusives.

Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

From last year alone, ms released 26 exclusives to sony's 69 exclusives. That's a loose count but it's fairly accurate. I included console exclusives and brand exclusives.

Compared to Microsoft's showing at last year's E3. Do you think this showing was a step in the right direction?

I have to say that he is at least trying. But they started so bad that they ended doing damage control during the whole generation

Hmm, I'm not sure what he meant by 1P games? Did he mean any game with a single-player mode, or did he mean games that are predominately single-player?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Hmm, I'm not sure what he meant by 1P games? Did he mean any game with a single-player mode, or did he mean games that are predominately single-player?

I'm going to guess the latter but the former could be included in there too. Why not?

KLAMarine said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm going to guess the latter but the former could be included in there too. Why not?

I didn't say they couldn't be included

VGPolyglot said:
KLAMarine said:

I didn't say they couldn't be included

At the end of the day, Microsoft seems to be trying to diversify its offerings. I think what I see in this thread are good indications that it's succeeding.

KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:

Compared to Microsoft's showing at last year's E3. Do you think this showing was a step in the right direction?

Compared to last year's xbox E3, this year's E3 was better because of the games being shown. They're more to my liking. The xbox lineup overall should be alot better in the general sense. 

Aeolus451 said:
KLAMarine said:

Compared to last year's xbox E3, this year's E3 was better because of the games being shown. They're more to my liking. The xbox lineup overall should be alot better in the general sense. 

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.