By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spider-Man (PS4) Was The Most Watched Trailer of E3 2017

Torillian said:
SuperBott said:

I don't care but for me it should be 1 vs 1 not 80 videos vs 1.

Which would indicate what? If total views is thought to be a sign of prospective consumer interest then views per video would be a sign of how good a company is at consolodating their media into a single channel?

Well than the question shows up; why pick one video for one game and multiple for others. This list was not that well gathered from research data point of view and has many statistical biases. Assuming using data for all views that is.

Around the Network

Just in case nobody else has already shared this, Youtube themselves totaled the views of trailer releases, industry coverage & fan-uploaded reactions from the 9th - 14th June and got these results:

1. Star Wars Battlefront II
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. FIFA 18
  4. Call of Duty: WWII
  5. God of War
  6. Super Mario Odyssey
  7. Spider-Man
  8. Anthem
  9. Need for Speed Payback
  10. Dragon Ball Fighter Z

JustThatGamer said:

Just in case nobody else has already shared this, Youtube themselves totaled the views of trailer releases, industry coverage & fan-uploaded reactions from the 9th - 14th June and got these results:

1. Star Wars Battlefront II
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. FIFA 18
  4. Call of Duty: WWII
  5. God of War
  6. Super Mario Odyssey
  7. Spider-Man
  8. Anthem
  9. Need for Speed Payback
  10. Dragon Ball Fighter Z

Interesting. Star Wars is just a monster Franchise. Well deserved if true. Cant wait to play it in 4k.

I predicted BF2 would be the most popular game of E3. I think it has a chance to outsell COD this year if it ends up being really good, including the single player.

Acevil said:
Torillian said:

Which would indicate what? If total views is thought to be a sign of prospective consumer interest then views per video would be a sign of how good a company is at consolodating their media into a single channel?

Well than the question shows up; why pick one video for one game and multiple for others. This list was not that well gathered from research data point of view and has many statistical biases. Assuming using data for all views that is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392453

The link tells you what the logic was behind it and it seemed fine to me. He included the top three videos for a trailer with above 100,000 views. This way if a video had a notable split between several major channels it would not be punished versus a video that was solely on a single channel with other channels making only minor effects. The assumption is that if the other videos had less than 100,000 views they wouldn't make a large contribution to the overall tally. 

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
Lawlight said:

The Switch reveal one?

The one in January, were they revealed ARMS.
The Switch reveal trailer got over 31 million views on Nintendo's channel.

So not just a Mario trailer then?