By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Documenting my journey with therapy/medication

Good luck, hope it works out for you!

Around the Network

Well, unfortunately I still haven't heard back from FEMAP, so I still haven't received therapy yet But on the plus side, the meds seem to be doing something, either as a result of a placebo effect, or from the actual effects, because I'm not as anxious while at work as I used to be

Really hope medication and therapy do make you feel better.

If you ever feel like your cross is too heavy and start thinking about the future with not soo good feelings, remember that, in truth, no one knows it's own future and no matter how "certain" you feel about your future, you just don't know for sure, do you? :)

One thing i hear quite often, and do believe in, is that everyone has their own cross to bear. But that doesn't come without God's help in carrying that same cross.
Usually people tend to run away from their pains, but a few - and i really mean a few - do embrace it for the sake of themselves and even others. In the end it brings them peace and comfort because they know that there's a reason for their suffering.

I don't know if you are a person of faith or not, just remember you are not alone - and never will be -, ok? :)

BraLoD said:
Just remember to always think about cats, it makes everything better.

Yeah, I have two cats myself

Hmm, well I'd say that the meds have definitely helped, though I have had some setbacks that have heightened my anxiety/depression. Still haven't been able to go to therapy, I've pretty much given up on that happening.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Hmm, well I'd say that the meds have definitely helped, though I have had some setbacks that have heightened my anxiety/depression. Still haven't been able to go to therapy, I've pretty much given up on that happening.

Glad the medication is working for you. I'm curious as to what it is you're taking? No worries if you don't want to disclose that.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
VGPolyglot said:

Glad the medication is working for you. I'm curious as to what it is you're taking? No worries if you don't want to disclose that.

Duloxetine.

VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

Duloxetine.

Interesting. That's a pretty new one. I've seen TV ads for it on American channels under it's brand name. I've taken anti-depressants in the past, and as recentlly as fall 2015, had a prescription for Lorazapam, which is a fast acting, take it as you need it med I used for anxiety/sleep.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
VGPolyglot said:

Duloxetine.

Interesting. That's a pretty new one. I've seen TV ads for it on American channels under it's brand name. I've taken anti-depressants in the past, and as recentlly as fall 2015, had a prescription for Lorazapam, which is a fast acting, take it as you need it med I used for anxiety/sleep.

I've never used that before myself.

You're not alone dude. I have severe anxiety issues. Been in therapy for 7 years now. I take lexipro & Lorazapam. I always had issues with anxiety thanks to my other mental problems and crappy home life but ever since I became a heart patient my anxiety shot up 1000000000000x. I became seriously suicidal. So now it's just something I been slowly getting better at but it's still very crippling. A lot of people don't think anxiety is a big deal and joke about being OCD but few know how insanely crippling it is. My bad heart? Not nearly as dibilitating as my anxiety.  I have stayed in mental wards in a hospital. Good luck to you.