By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Documenting my journey with therapy/medication

Brave of you to start this thread. I've been wanting to start my own about my issues, one of them being anxiety. Thus, no thread, heh.

Anyway, not diagnosed with GAD myself, but bipolar and PTSD. Quite the... combination, I'd say. I'm seeing a great therapist and while we've touched on the topic of meds, I think he and I are both adverse to them. In my case it's less of a behavior thing and more cognitive, so pills might do more harm than good. And talk therapy is really helping me.

And a quick comment about the flaws of psychiatry: keep in mind that the science is still basically in it's infancy, and is focused on the most complex part of biology - the human brain. It's got a long way to go indeed. We're doing the best flawed monkeys can do! [Source - psyche major]

Best of luck, Poly! Do look into seeing a psychologist - personally I think it's more beneficial in the long term.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Wishing you nothing but the best!

VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

Interesting. That's a pretty new one. I've seen TV ads for it on American channels under it's brand name. I've taken anti-depressants in the past, and as recentlly as fall 2015, had a prescription for Lorazapam, which is a fast acting, take it as you need it med I used for anxiety/sleep.

I've never used that before myself.

It's different from what you're taking for certain. It's more of an immediate change. It's an opioid. It can be addictive. I liked it for a little while, but grew tired of the after-effects. Hoping for the best for you.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
VGPolyglot said:

I've never used that before myself.

It's different from what you're taking for certain. It's more of an immediate change. It's an opioid. It can be addictive. I liked it for a little while, but grew tired of the after-effects. Hoping for the best for you.

Thanks

SegataSanshiro said:

You're not alone dude. I have severe anxiety issues. Been in therapy for 7 years now. I take lexipro & Lorazapam. I always had issues with anxiety thanks to my other mental problems and crappy home life but ever since I became a heart patient my anxiety shot up 1000000000000x. I became seriously suicidal. So now it's just something I been slowly getting better at but it's still very crippling. A lot of people don't think anxiety is a big deal and joke about being OCD but few know how insanely crippling it is. My bad heart? Not nearly as dibilitating as my anxiety.  I have stayed in mental wards in a hospital. Good luck to you.

Best of luck to you too man. I don't consider anything you or Polyglot are dealing with as things to be taken lightly. Far from it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."