By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on why Metroid Prime 4 was announced so early

Nice of him. He acknowledges and state that right after the announcement.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
I remember a while back when Nintendo took a shot at Sony for announcing stuff years in advanced.

I don't recall it being a shot at Sony... Refresh my memory if you would be so kind.

killeryoshis said:
They probably just announced this so people won't get mad at no Metroid for Switch. They did the same thing for the new Pokemon game as well. It shows they are listening. Maybe if I start yelling about Pikmin 4 we will actually see something about that game.
RolStoppable said:
The announcement came so early because of Metroid: Samus Returns. Same reason why Fire Emblem (2018) got announced with no footage; there was Fire Emblem Echoes.
Soundwave said:

Because it would be a giant shit show if they had shown Metroid only for 3DS and said nothing about Switch.

"Motherfuck fuck Nintendo, they fucked us on Federation Force, now they're giving the six year old 3DS another Metroid and no fucking Metroid Prime 4 for Switch?! Fuck this!" etc. etc. etc.

Agree, and it's basically same reason why they announced Pokemon for Switch in same manner, because people last week complained why there is no Pokemon announcement for Switch and instead just for 3DS.

mZuzek said:
CWegzz said:

That's probably true.  I guess I'm in the minority where I love 2D Metroid, but kinda hate 3D Metroid.

It's a good thing you're in the minority then, because you're wrong.

They're very different games, so it's not too crazy to like one, but not the other.  I understand that many people like the 3D Metroid games, so it makes me glad that Nintendo is trying to make all types of Metroid fans happy.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Short Answer: They know Metroid fans are a diverse bunch and will buy more games than most other fanbases so they want to generate interest. :)

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

I am fine with this. It takes nothing from the excitement of a reveal, while letting us know the metroid franchise isn't dead/resigned to mediocrity.

Barkley said:
Hopefully they don't take too long, the Metroid fans may be appeased for now, but if they delay too long they'll get restless again!

Don't expect metroid or pokemon before mid-2019.

twintail said:
bananaking21 said:
I remember a while back when Nintendo took a shot at Sony for announcing stuff years in advanced.

As long as Nintendo does it it's ok.

No, it's not okay. I've criticized Sony in the past for having games announced so early at their conferences and I'm certainly not among those hopping in blind excitement at MP4's announcement.

It is good to see that the franchise isn't dead but no release date certainly dampens my excitement.

Namiirei said:
Barkley said:
Hopefully they don't take too long, the Metroid fans may be appeased for now, but if they delay too long they'll get restless again!

Don't expect metroid or pokemon before mid-2019.

What makes you say this? Why mid-2019?

I highly doubt it is years in advance. I think it could come as early as next year. I would expect it no later than 2019.

Basically they did it to shut Metroid fans up then?