By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - 100% Fully Updated to December 8th!

Since Astral Chain isn't counting, my recent physical editions are:

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of The New World.
Atelier LuLua: The Scion of Arland

Around the Network

I like the Atelier series, but with so many long games coming out, my backlog just can't justify buying the latest ones. It doesn't help that I'm one of those people who dislikes Japanese VA and prefers English, and the latest games lack that.

And speaking of backlogs, I guess I'm the first to claim Final Fantasy VIII.

As far as the August update goes, really quiet month.  That's gonna change in September though.  Pretty much nothing notable on the games list - Collection of Mana was the biggest mover at +3 - but we are coming close to 1000 distinct entries on the chart.   That's not necessarily unique games though, as some compilation packs are listed separate from their constituent games.

Melbye becomes the 10th member of the century club!

Top 20 Developer/publisher list: 

# Maker Count August
1 Capcom 209 +5
2 Sega 190 +3
3 Square Enix 187 +4
4 Bethesda Softworks 174 NC
5 Ubisoft 164 NC
6 Nicalis 119 NC
7 Inti Creates 104 +1
8 Bandai Namco 103 +1
9 Flyhigh Works 80 NC
9 Koei Tecmo 80 NC
11 Hamster Corp 78 NC
12 Image & Form 75 +1
13 Team 17 70 +1
14 Platinum Games 69 NC
15 Forever Entertainment 65 +1
16 Warner Bros. 64 NC
17 Activision Blizzard 62 NC
18 Chucklefish 59 NC
19 Nippon Ichi Software 56 NC
20 Konami 54 +2

DreadPirateRoberts said:
I like the Atelier series, but with so many long games coming out, my backlog just can't justify buying the latest ones. It doesn't help that I'm one of those people who dislikes Japanese VA and prefers English, and the latest games lack that.

The screenshots I've seen of that look beautiful, have you installed and played some of it yet? I'm wondering is it just the in game models which got tidied up or have the FMV's gotten some love as well.

I so don't want to buy it just yet because I've been doing great at my backlog this month clearing some amazing titles and deleting some very weak games, even some which I finished just to get them off my switch, gotta say Rogue Trooper Redux just dragged towards the end (and middle) that game would have done itself a favour to have ended a lot sooner especially given the lack of adding extra enemy types as the game progressed and the final boss not even being an enemy you fight really. Such a let down but hey I get 8GB of storage back for new games.

Been playing Celeste which I bought months ago... dear lord that game is beautiful in all the right ways, controls are spot on, graphics are gorgeous for what it sets out to do and the audio choices really match the games various settings, if anyone in here hasn't played it before I would strongly recommend picking it up, as long as you're okay with dying multiple hundred times, not exaggerating btw, my last stage complete had 137 deaths in it.

I missed the August update though... will have to make Septembers one special :o

Edit - Just checked your OP Celeste owned by 14% of people in this thread, that makes me a happy chappy, if the game has been sitting in you guys backlog of shame like it was mine, I really recommend you check it out.

Also thanks again for maintaining this thread Dreadpirate it's really awesome to see a chart of info on how certain games do in your OP.

Counted up as well on my Switch I have now completed 77 titles on the Switch out of the 300 or so games I have on it, while that may sound like there is a terrible amount of games which I haven't played having a system with close to a 1/3 completion rate for me hasn't happened in years, I normally collect tons of games but never get to play them, I have well over 150 games on the PS4 but would consider less than 20 of them complete, my X360 I have around 300+ games I would have less than 50 finished I think. Switch living in my pocket/bag means games I buy get played and finished.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 03 September 2019

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

First update in a while, I bought FF VIII.

Around the Network

Two Tribes Mega Pack:
It's a retail release that includes:
Toki Tori, both Gameboy Colour and Windows versions. (Could just count this as one)
A unreleased demo called Three Tribes. (probably shouldn't count this)
Toki Tori 2+
Swap This!
And Rive: Ultimate Edition that I already own digitally.
It all comes in two different retail boxes.

Spyro trilogy and final fantasy 8

Ganoncrotch said:
DreadPirateRoberts said:

The screenshots I've seen of that look beautiful, have you installed and played some of it yet? I'm wondering is it just the in game models which got tidied up or have the FMV's gotten some love as well.

I haven't played it yet - I generally keep to one "console", one "handheld" and a couple bite sized games at a time.  VIII is a title I'd play handheld, but I'm focused on Fire Emblem right now.   But, it's not going to go on sale for a while and I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy, so I caved.   FWIW, the "console" game I am working on is the final missions in Starlink, before moving onto Astral Chain this weekend.  The bite sized games are Donkey Kong (1994; GB) and Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA), that I seriously can't believe I missed when I was younger, as well as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (again, FF sucker) that is definitely inferior to the later Curtain Call updated release.  

DreadPirateRoberts said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I haven't played it yet - I generally keep to one "console", one "handheld" and a couple bite sized games at a time.  VIII is a title I'd play handheld, but I'm focused on Fire Emblem right now.   But, it's not going to go on sale for a while and I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy, so I caved.   FWIW, the "console" game I am working on is the final missions in Starlink, before moving onto Astral Chain this weekend.  The bite sized games are Donkey Kong (1994; GB) and Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA), that I seriously can't believe I missed when I was younger, as well as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (again, FF sucker) that is definitely inferior to the later Curtain Call updated release.  

March of the mini's is indeed an awesome game, love the lil movies in it as well about the fun new mario toy recall being really impressed with those when I got it on the GBA, reminded me of Warioware Inc. As for playing the first release of Theatrhythm if you have Curtain call... there's no real point I think, I beat everything 100% in The original release of that and looked over what curtain call offered was pretty much everything in the game I played and a tiny bit more so I didn't get the 2nd version of it, but if you started with curtain call, think you can just say you've also played what's good in theatrhythm.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - physical

Battle Princess Madelyn - physical