By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid fans, stop complaining!

guiduc said:
SuperNova said:

and this.

It's been almost 4 years and we've heard rumors of them expanding and creating a second team, so theres at least one game, if not two that should come out of them very soon. I'd have bet we would see their game this year, but nothing. Not complaining, it's just curiosity eating away at me.

I'm happy we're getting the two Metroids, though.

Not a popular opinion, but since there is no Metroid in the works from Retro, I hope with all my heart they give us a new DK Country. I'm just a sucker for DK stuff. Bring it on!

I'm right there with you buddy. As much as I would like to see an original IP out of Retro (god, knows they deserve it), I just love DKC. Tropical Freeze was one of the best games on the WiiU imo, so I'd be excited.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
I prefer reveals maximum a year before release. I really do and more often than it bothers me a bit when it takes 2-3 years before the game comes out.

I do understand why Nintendo did this though.. they needed the big announcements today to keep the momentum not only going but increasing. As long as they dont do that every time I am ok with this.

Since it's only 3-4 months into the Switch's life, there is bound to be such announcements. They'll still focus primarily on 2017 and such but since there has been concern for 2018 and beyond, this and Pokémon at least shows there's more to come besides FE, Kirby, and Yoshi.

rjason12 said:
They announced prime 4, to let us know it's in development, so that "Metroid fans" would stop bitching about a new Metroid game. We're getting 2 games (one in a few months) I still want to get Federation Force because it is part of the Metroid universe and it looks fun lol.

Haha very true.  I mean can you imagine if they hadn't shown that logo?  "Where's Metroid.  Where's Metroid?  No Metroid?  A logo is all we need!"  I can hear them now, lol.

SpokenTruth said:
Alkibiádēs said:
They didn't do shit though.

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

They gave Metroid Prime to an entirely unknown developer out of Texas and the first announcement was a 10 second clip of 3rd person test footgage that was rendered and never used in game.

Stop tripping.

That's an exception rather than the rule. Most scenarios you describe end in disaster. Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda as the most recent example. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Umm, I haven't really seen anyone complain.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

A remake doesn't need the best developers, and from what I saw it looked fine, though I'm not big on Metroid. If there's big issues with the gameplay please point them out. As for Prime 4, it's kind of the same deal being a sequel, there's already an established concept n framework to build off of. I'm sure you'll change your tune once they reveal game. Just remember, the Metroid franchise is now in a better spot than Animal Crossing, just think about that for a moment!

1) The game looks very bland. Art-style is very important to set the mood in a Metroidvania game. This game fails to do so. Should have gone with hand-drawn graphics or pixel art instead of polygonal 3D graphics. 

2) Sakamoto is trying to put cinematic action elements into this game again, like he did with Other M, and we all know how that game turned out. 

I'm a big Metroid fan, anything below a masterpiece is not good enough for me. 

Other M certainly turned out poorly, but it wasn't as a result of the cinematic action moves thrown into Samus' arsenal. In fact, that was probably one of the few redeeming aspects of the game. Other M failed due to its non linearity, lack of exploration, and incredibly poorly handled story, and provided that this remake doesn't venture too far off course, none of those should be an issue.

We're the ones that buy and play the fucking games. God forbid we voice our opinions. If fans didn't complain like they did MP4 wouldn't even be in development right now.

Alkibiádēs said:
They didn't do shit though.

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

I been a Metriod fan since 1986. I am very happy with the 2 games shown. Mercury Steam is a very good developer but got caught up in Konami BS. LoS is a pretty great game btw.

If you want to argue how MS isn't good I am the same person who said Double Helix is a good dev and they churned out the best Strider game and the best Killer Instinct before Iron Galaxy took over. I got flak for that before those 2 came out.

I just wanna add that I really enjoyed Other M myself. There were a few aspects I didn't like, but overall I really liked it. Plus IMO, Other M is the best or one of the best looking Wii games.

I'm pretty satisfied lol

Guess not complaining and just playing everything makes you enjoy life more