By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid fans, stop complaining!

Alkibiádēs said:
They didn't do shit though.

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

Games aren't even out yet after announcing a direct sequel to Metroid Prime and a 2D remake of the Gameboy game and you're "not happy" and "wishing it was dead"?

I'm sorry, but any true Metroid fans would be happy after the reveals today; those who aren't have some serious issues with pessimism and are looking for reasons not to be happy.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
They didn't do shit though.

They gave Metroid II remake to a very questionable developer with a poor track record and just gave us a logo of Metroid Prime 4 with no footage, we don't even know who made it.

This doesn't bode well for the end-result of those games. As a Metroid fan I'm not happy. I'm starting to wish it was dead instead tbh. Now they're just ruining the reputation of a once great franchise.

I like how the very first reply was a complaining Metroid fan, lol

I'm happy. A promising looking remake means yet another likely 3DS purchase, and confirmation of Metroid Prime 4 is something I really wasn't expecting.

I prefer reveals maximum a year before release. I really do and more often than it bothers me a bit when it takes 2-3 years before the game comes out.

I do understand why Nintendo did this though.. they needed the big announcements today to keep the momentum not only going but increasing. As long as they dont do that every time I am ok with this.

They announced prime 4, to let us know it's in development, so that "Metroid fans" would stop bitching about a new Metroid game. We're getting 2 games (one in a few months) I still want to get Federation Force because it is part of the Metroid universe and it looks fun lol.

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
guiduc said:
Since Retro Studios is not working on neither of them, I really wonder what they are up to!

and this.

It's been almost 4 years and we've heard rumors of them expanding and creating a second team, so theres at least one game, if not two that should come out of them very soon. I'd have bet we would see their game this year, but nothing. Not complaining, it's just curiosity eating away at me.

I'm happy we're getting the two Metroids, though.

Not a popular opinion, but since there is no Metroid in the works from Retro, I hope with all my heart they give us a new DK Country. I'm just a sucker for DK stuff. Bring it on!

I'm happy about almost everything shown.

guiduc said:
SuperNova said:

and this.

It's been almost 4 years and we've heard rumors of them expanding and creating a second team, so theres at least one game, if not two that should come out of them very soon. I'd have bet we would see their game this year, but nothing. Not complaining, it's just curiosity eating away at me.

I'm happy we're getting the two Metroids, though.

Not a popular opinion, but since there is no Metroid in the works from Retro, I hope with all my heart they give us a new DK Country. I'm just a sucker for DK stuff. Bring it on!

I'd rather they do a DK64 sequel. I am DKC'd out to be honest. 

sc94597 said:
guiduc said:

I'd rather they do a DK64 sequel. I am DKC'd out to be honest. 

Whether it is 2D or 3D, I'm in! But they need Wise, no DK game without Wise!

Alkibiádēs said:

1) The game looks very bland. Art-style is very important to set the mood in a Metroidvania game. This game fails to do so. Should have gone with hand-drawn graphics or pixel art instead of polygonal 3D graphics. 

2) Sakamoto is trying to put cinematic action elements into this game again, like he did with Other M, and we all know how that game turned out. 

I'm a big Metroid fan, anything below a masterpiece is not good enough for me. 

These complaints I can agree with, but I don't think they're big enough issues to ruin the game. Maybe I'm forgetting but the cinematics were just for a glorified parry animation which doesn't seem that harmful. Have to say, expecting every game in any series to be a masterpiece is pretty unreasonable. I just need a game to be good and fun for me to enjoy it, but to each their own!