By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Spiderman dethrone Akrham Knight as the best superhero game?

Before the Arkham series came on the scene superhero games have been woefully lacking, especially movie adaption. Then came Arkham Knight which did pratically everything right and made you feel like you were Batman with top knot visuals, gameplay and side quests. Now we have Spiderman which seems to be doing all that in spades with a much bigger world and I think if Insomniac plays their cards right they may be able to take the title from AK. Thoughts?

Around the Network

it's very hard to surpass Arkham City.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

If you replace Arkham Knight with the actual best superhero game, Arkham City, then I would say possibly.

This thread is going to be quickly flooded with people saying Arkahm Assylum or City was better then Knight. Then it's going to turn into a discussion entirely about which Arkham game is best, and spiderman will be forgotten.

Answer: Maybe?

edit: oh shit, by the time I posted they're ALREADY HERE. take cover!!!!

Barkley said:

This thread is going to be quickly flooded with people saying Arkahm Assylum or City was better then Knight. Then it's going to turn into a discussion entirely about which Arkham game is best, and spiderman will be forgotten.

Answer: Maybe?

edit: oh shit, by the time I posted they're ALREADY HERE. take cover!!!!

We come quickly and in droves!

Around the Network

It won't. Spider-Man doesn't have Conroy and Hamill.

Yes.

i still think Arkham Asylum was the best game

but it's too early to say right now. What Rocksteady really nailed for me, even above the combat and gadgets, was the feel of the world, especially of the antagonists. I want to see more about the main villain, and if there are other side villains involved, not just weird, augmented human stuff like from yesterday

Spider-Man 2 (Gamecube/Xbox/PS2) was a very good game and up there as one of the best super hero games ever. People often forget about it these days. Though yes I think the new Spider-Man game has a serious chance of being an all time great like that game and the Arkham series. All of the Arkham games are phenomenal, even Origins which was slightly lacking but brought some great moments with Deathstroke, Bane, and Blackmask while really putting a supporting leg to the vastly superior Rocksteady games.

It can, but will it? Thats a topic for another day *credits roll*