By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who won?

Microsoft 244 8.59%

Nintendo 1,837 64.64%

Sony 761 26.78%

Total:2,842

Conferences only? Nintendo. Whole number of new games announced and footage shown in e3 it's sony imo

Around the Network
gatito said:

Let's be real, who's the winner this year?

Ubisoft (beat nin/sony/ms).

Nintendo = Sony > Microsoft.

deskpro2k3 said:
Tmfwang said:
So an announcement, without ANY footage, like at all, is enough for Nintendo to win? Smh

Apparently all it takes is words to hype them up. lol

When the series is in the state Metroid is currently with Other M and Federation Force, yes, all it takes is a confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 exists. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Conferences/Showcases

Ubisoft > Sony > Nintendo >>>>> Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bethesda

From ALL the E3:

Sony had lots of exclusive AAA games, plus a shit ton of multiplatforms.
Nintendo had lots of first party and poor showing of multiplatform compared to the others.
Microsoft had poor exclusives showing plus a shit ton of multiplatforms.

To me sony won cause of the quantity of games that interest me but this E3 was the worst in last 3 years. Nothing blew me away.

Edited : forgot bethesda...

To be fair I think the reason we viewed some of the recent E3's to be so amazing was that they promoted games that were no where near release (think Final Fantasy VII, Zelda BotW, Shenmue 3, Death Stranding and so forth). By announcing games so far in advance, they were able provide quite a showing, but this time around there appeared to be more focus on games releasing in the near future. The only real exception to that I think is GameFreak's announcing that a "Mainline Pokemon RPG" is being developed for the Switch, which probably won't be out for some time.

Otherwise, while this E3 didn't really blow anyone away (can't really expect it to this far into the console gen), I thought almost everyone had strong showings. Microsoft's was certainly better than in the past, Sony's was good bordering on great, Nintendo's was excellent (I really think they just secured the Switch's success with what was announced today), and even Ubisoft had a superb showing. My only disappointment was Bethesda.

Nintend0- 8.5
Ubisoft- 8
Microsoft 7.5
Sony 7.5
EA 4

Around the Network

Nintendo, by far! Finally! It was amazing!

deskpro2k3 said:
Tmfwang said:
So an announcement, without ANY footage, like at all, is enough for Nintendo to win? Smh

Apparently all it takes is words to hype them up. lol

We know what Metroid and Pokémon are, so why would a trailer make that much difference? With or without trailer, we still can't play the games, but we can look forward to them.

They also announced Kirby and Yoshi btw.

I thought Microsoft honestly had the best diversity of games at their show and Anthem looked unreal on the XBox One X looked crazy.

Cup Head and that Blade Runner style game and Ori 2, oddly a lot of 2D stuff for MS this year but they all looked amazing. 

Proxy-Pie said:
Who announced Metroid Prime 4?

Why didn't they show any footage goddamit

A logo is enough to win E3?

Mario Oddessey looked good though, as did the new Yoshi game.

Nintendo, hands down.

Ubisoft is second, for as absurd as that sounds.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1