By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameCube or Dreamcast?

I go with gamecube, though I will always miss the dreamcast and what it could habe become if it stayed just a little longer...*sniff*

Around the Network

Although Dreamcast failed, i'm very glad that it is regarded as a great console.

The DreamCast was a lot better than the GameCube in terms of game line-up. I have about 3 times as many DC games as GC games and spent a hell of a lot more time with my DC, even though it died off so quickly.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I'd have to say the Gamecube. The Dreamcast had a spectacular library if you take into account how short its life was, but the GC comes out on top due to 5 years of Nintendo first party games. The DC controller feels a lot nicer than it looks like, but is still inferior in my books.

The Dreamcast is definitely the better of the two to buy now, though. The Wii plays the GC's games, and it's the console everyone is going to have in a few years anyway, so better get the one that does something nothing else can.

Game Cube... Smash+RE4+ported Dreamcast Games eliminates the competition...

Around the Network

gamecube....but i've never even seen a dreamcast in real life.

Gamecube. I always enjoy Nintendo's titles.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Starcraft Maniac and mshrooms +1.

Gamecube had a much bigger library. That guarantees it's going to be the better console for me. Dreamcast had some amazing games like Soul Caliber, NFL2K, Soul Reaver (port), and ReVolt....but the Cube's library is better than most "good systems" and it's considered a failure.

Gamecube ... why ? Because of you have 2 you have a Wii :P ( jk ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Gamecube- Dreamcast's library, though excellent for the lifespan, has nothing on 5 years of Gamecube.