By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameCube or Dreamcast?

If by choices given, I'd choose GC. Never ever wanted to touch a Dreamcast.

Around the Network

I personally liked the DC, and was never interested enough to buy a GC.

However, if your asking this to see what the majority think. The fact that one died and the other one is still for sale should give you some insight on that answer ;)

The dreamcast is not DEAD! sob :(

Its still getting games released on it. It will outlast the gamecube lol

I've considered picking up a Dreamcast since it's the only last gen console I don't have. Problem with the Dreamcast and the original Xbox for me is that most of the games on the system don't appeal to me. I already own most of all the good multi platform games.

So for me this one goes hands down to the Gamecube. Which to me was a better system then the PS2. (due to issue's I've stated before, some are hardware related)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

HappySqurriel said:
The Dreamcast was an excellent system for how short of a life it had, but the Gamecube's longer life and greater third party support ensured that its overall line-up was far better.
Same thing I would say except I would say first part support rather than 3rd party support which made the GC line up great.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

lol never owned or liked either

I guess i'll go with the cube cause nintendo > sega.

Most of what the Dreamcast had ended up being ported to other consoles in the long run, so its quality ended up being nullified.

Some of those games came to Gamecube.

Combine that with Mario, Zelda, PKMN, Metroid... and some decent 3rd-party titles as well, such as RE, and the Gamecube is an obvious winner. The GCN had a far larger library than Dreamcast, with a very high number of quality titles.

Although, I will admit, the Gamecube wasn't half as good as the N64.

SW-5120-1900-6153

The question I never considered. The Dreamcast was my first Sega Console. As a diehard Nintendo fan, it pains me to say this but............

For the time the Dreamcast lasted, it wowed me way more than the Gamecube. Eventually, all of the good games (Grandia II, Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Marvel vs Capcom, and a TON of others) all got a superior sequel, or a direct port for the competing systems. Still, I experienced them first on the Dreamcast for $10 - $30 a pop. My Dreamcast never had time to cool off.

Makes me sad that I discovered Sega so late in life (not counting arcade games).

Gamecube lasted longer, hence more games. Plus I owned one, so Gamecube.

Gamecube even though I did enjoy playing my cousin's Dreamcast.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089