By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Dreams Dead?

it has been in development since early 2011... yes... thats when LBP2 released. it was teased at the PS4 announcement confrence in 2013, yes, that long ago. it was officially announced at Sony's E3 2015 with a beta promised in 2016 that didnt happen. the last confrence it was at was Paris Game Week 2015. since then PSX 2015, E3 2016, PSX 2016 and E3 2017 have come along with it being a no show. 

so is the game dead? and should i be asking a similar question about Wild? 

Around the Network

Who knows, until last year they make alot of streams showing the game. There has been 9 months after the last stream

Good question about Wild

Also Sucker Punch is missing too

What a irony 2 of the biggest and creative 1st Parties studio is out of the picture and Sony Still Dominate on Exclusives :)

EDIT: On official site the wilD  sheep studio is say they hiring people so i bet is still on development

probably not, it's ambitious and they have a pretty small team iirc

it will be at PSX I imagine

We just saw it again recently. Sony and MM definitely appear to be playing the long game with this one. Lots of scope and ambition, it's just gonna take that much longer to finalize. We could see a testing announcement any time, though.

bananaking21 said:

it has been in development since early 2011... yes... thats when LBP2 released. it was teased at the PS4 announcement confrence in 2013, yes, that long ago. it was officially announced at Sony's E3 2015 with a beta promised in 2016 that didnt happen. the last confrence it was at was Paris Game Week 2015. since then PSX 2015, E3 2016, PSX 2016 and E3 2017 have come along with it being a no show. 

so is the game dead? and should i be asking a similar question about Wild? 

They made Tearaway and its port after LBP2.

As long as you don't hear it's cancelled, it isn't dead I think? Game is prolly getting overhauled for VR.

Around the Network

The Dream, has died.

I won't count it out yet. I personally think they've been spending all this time trying to figure out how to make it a game. When it was first shown, it was still probably just tech demo filler for that E3.

Wild is weird we haven't heard anything in years.

Dreams I feel they're saving for holiday 2018. They're at the point where they have so many games they need to space them out. This holiday is packed and the first half of 2018 is packed.

Spiderman will probably be the flagship game of holiday '18, along with dreams and others.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

No. They just tweeted this today:

They're making a single player campaign for it and they said it'll be created entirely with the same tools the players will have access to.

NawaiNey said:
No. They just tweeted this today:

They're making a single player campaign for it and they said it'll be created entirely with the same tools the players will have access to.

That makes sense. So this was just a game that Sony revealed too early.

Sony typically gives the spotlight to the developers in the region they are having an event. I expect to see more Japanese games at TGS. European games at Paris/Germany/Wherever they hold their EU event this year. Then I think stuff like PS All Stars, or more core type stuff will come at PSX, along with major announcements of new games, since it is right before Christmas, and offers huge hype at the perfect time.

Dreams coming from a European team, should be heavily showcased at whatever EU event they do this year. Dreams is a massive undertaking. It is basically a development platform on PlayStation. I expect it to be heavily supported going forward, even as we move to PS5 and beyond. Dreams is more like Unreal Engine, Unity, Crytech, for the casual gamer. It will make great games, but it is much more than a simple consumable peice of software.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL