By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World announced for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Arkham combat?

EDIT: Heh, wrong thread

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Strange this isn't coming to the Switch, maybe it will come later or maybe they will release the real MH5 there?

That's what I'm thinking. I think Capcom wanted to make sure to have something on Switch before they announced World. Monster Hunter 5 will most likely be a Switch timed exclusive or even full exclusive.

sundin13 said:
Arkham combat?

I assume you're talking about Spiderman, lol?

I stop paying attention to E3 for 30 minutes and then they announce this. Well it looks like the rumors of a Monster game on everything not Switch were true. If that rumor is true than this game is for Western Audiences and that Sony paid for the game to be on everything but the Switch.

Things just got interesting. Now I wonder how this will sell and what it will do to the Monster Hunter Brand.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Xbone won. I knew it.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Strange this isn't coming to the Switch, maybe it will come later or maybe they will release the real MH5 there?

They are probably testing the waters here. As for me, I hope they release this and the next main entry everywhere, with enhanced graphics on the most powerful consoles/pc

Ljink96 said:
sundin13 said:
Arkham combat?

I assume you're talking about Spiderman, lol?

Wrong thread 

*blush*

Wow, the big news is Xbox One is getting this.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Oh for the love of....I am starting to get really, really annoyed at every PS4/Xbox1/PC label. Plenty of games being revealed now either have long enough development cycles that the 'too far in development' excuse isn't a thing (Half of Ubisoft's reveals), or are the kind of thing that doesn't make any sense on the Xbox or PC platform (Most every Japanese game).

The Switch is selling, it has games of the same type as others you are releasing (Zelda, Pokken), third party titles like Bomberman, Street FIghter 2, and the Neo Geo old titles are doing well.

It is not the Wii U. It's not that far from a base PS4 or Xbox1 that you are putting HD titles on a Wii. People want to buy your games on it, they are willing to sacrifice pixels if they can play Injustice or Kingdom Hearts or Assassins Creed on a train or a plane or a boat or lunch.

Stop being lazy. You are production companies. Make your products, sell your products. You are really, really making it hard to not treat the old '3rd party games hate Nintendo' BS as a legitimate thing.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Dulfite said:
Malt4zar said:

I Known. But, in the west, this one is definitely the better looking choice of the two. Unless Nintendo show us the real Monster Hunter 5 in the direct tomorrow.

And besides, is bad for PR anyway.

MH in the west means basically nothing, but sure the ps4 one will absolutely do better than the Switch here, but then again the 3ds version destroyed the Wii U version (but that was a failed system) so who knows?

Well. It does mean something, actually.

Didn't the 3DS games sold more than a million in the west?

But ok, I agree. It's really not a big deal in the end.