By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World announced for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Pinkie_pie said:
Monster hunter 5 will probably be on ps4 and xbox one now too which is great.

The rumor was Monster Hunter open world game for PS4 (and XBox One it seems)

Monster Hunter Portable 5 for Nintendo Switch. 

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Nautilus said:
Goddammit Capcom.It is probably multiplatform, but it should have been annpounced at Nintendo show

it's not comming to the Switch at all it seems

Yeah, just saw it.

Goddammit.And Switch gets a damn 3DS port, and when it dosent sell well, Capcom be like "Switch users dont like our games"

Goddammit

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nintendo should just ban Capcom from their consoles. 3DS Monster Hunter sales is the only thing that has kept them afloat over the last 5 years and what do they do? Release a $40 SNES port on Switch and a $60 3DS port of a MH game. Now this game for everything but Switch makes not much sense either. Doesn't look impossible to run on Switch.

Ps3/360 even had a Monster Hunter spinoff. As long as the next main game comes to Switch I'm good.

As far as I know, the Ninty Capcom deal was only for mainline games. MH Frontier for example did release on other platforms, so it's normal for other spin-offs to follow suit.

Still, this spin-off is looking a lot better than the mainline series :P

Around the Network

This is not Monster Hunter V guys. Capcom isn't calling it that for a reason. But we'll see.

The rumor was Sony paid money to keep this off Switch, but Capcom got nervous about the deal and decided to make this more open world for Western audiences while Switch will get a Monster Hunter V from the main Monster Hunter team.

IamAwsome said:
Surprised it's on XBO and not Switch.

They are trying to make the franchise bigger in the west, this looks like the first real AAA Monster hunter game.

Looks amazing. Definitely (probably) getting this.

EspadaGrim said:
IamAwsome said:
Surprised it's on XBO and not Switch.

They are trying to make the franchise bigger in the west, this looks like the first real AAA Monster hunter game.

Graphically for a PS4/XB1 game if I'm honest it looked somewhat underwhelming. 

Soundwave said:
EspadaGrim said:

Graphically for a PS4/XB1 game if I'm honest it looked somewhat underwhelming. 

It's an open world game and Capcom isn't known for pushing Graphics, games like these don't need Horizon level graphics.