By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World announced for PS4/Xbox One/PC

What´s all this fuzz about?

This is just "Monster Hunter Frontier G II". The difference is that this time it´s not Japan-only.

The trailer is great but it probably won´t surpass the sales of the mainline MH games on portable consoles.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Oh for the love of....I am starting to get really, really annoyed at every PS4/Xbox1/PC label. Plenty of games being revealed now either have long enough development cycles that the 'too far in development' excuse isn't a thing (Half of Ubisoft's reveals), or are the kind of thing that doesn't make any sense on the Xbox or PC platform (Most every Japanese game).

The Switch is selling, it has games of the same type as others you are releasing (Zelda, Pokken), third party titles like Bomberman, Street FIghter 2, and the Neo Geo old titles are doing well.

It is not the Wii U. It's not that far from a base PS4 or Xbox1 that you are putting HD titles on a Wii. People want to buy your games on it, they are willing to sacrifice pixels if they can play Injustice or Kingdom Hearts or Assassins Creed on a train or a plane or a boat or lunch.

Stop being lazy. You are production companies. Make your products, sell your products. You are really, really making it hard to not treat the old '3rd party games hate Nintendo' BS as a legitimate thing.

You are free to make and publish your own Switch game you know.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:

Poor Japan they want a Switch edition.

Well considering that Japan accounts for like 85% of the games sales whenever a MH game is released, I would think Capcom would do best to listen to them.

irstupid said:
Qwark said:

Poor Japan they want a Switch edition.

Well considering that Japan accounts for like 85% of the games sales whenever a MH game is released, I would think Capcom would do best to listen to them.

There are still 4 million PS4 owners in Japan so it isn't dead on arrival yet.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
irstupid said:

There are still 4 million PS4 owners in Japan so it isn't dead on arrival yet.

Yes, but it´s hard to imagine right now that this will sell very well..... the last Monster Hunter game on PS3 (Freedom 2) sold 500k.... very far from the millions sold on portable consoles.

Time will tell, let´s hope that this game helps the franchise to get more attention in the West and get at least decent sales.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Nautilus said:
Goddammit Capcom.It is probably multiplatform, but it should have been annpounced at Nintendo show

Why is the place of the announcement so important?

It would be a showing of strenght.I am saying this on Nintendo perspective, as that could strenghten the brand.

As for gamers, it would make no difference.Outside of the fact that stupid Capcom has no Switch version for this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kerotan said:
killeryoshis said:
I stop paying attention to E3 for 30 minutes and then they announce this. Well it looks like the rumors of a Monster game on everything not Switch were true. If that rumor is true than this game is for Western Audiences and that Sony paid for the game to be on everything but the Switch.

Things just got interesting. Now I wonder how this will sell and what it will do to the Monster Hunter Brand.

I'd say it's more likely Capcom wanted to tap into the Western market and picked PC/PS4/XB1 for it as that's where most of the userbase will be. They have their own 3ds port for the switch and they'll probably make MH5 for the switch too. If sony paid for this it would have been PS4/PC. It's also PS4 exclusive in Japan which likely means Capcom thought it wasn't worth their while porting it into japanese for the xb1 and pc platforms. 

Eh nope. The rumor goes that Sony paid for it not to be on the Switch. Source
They don't care if the game releases on PC and Xbone because neither are popular in Japan. Its excluesive by defualt over there.  Also I am pretty suure Sony is getting a market deal with Monster Hunter as well. It is obvious Sony moneyhatted this title to hurt the Switch.  Almost the entire rumor was true except for the name.  There are also rumors that they changed the name Monster Hunter 5 to Monster Hunter World because Capcom got cold feet.  Another source

While Capcom wanted the seires to be more popular in the West it should have been on the Switch as well. It is obvious Sony wanted an excluesive Monster Hunter so they can also sell better in Japan since sales over there are terrible. They just baited Capcom that they can make the series popular in the West. NIntendo did the same thing before. Whose to say Sony wouldn't do the same.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

ill get this for xbox if it comes out. never played it before but i heard of it so much.

Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Let's be real:

It's a handheld that can dock on your TV.

Let's be real

No

Hmm, let's take a look:

Mobile hardware

Screen built onto the device

Heavy emphasis on portable gaming

"Console" controller is discouragingly expensive

You ever get tired of being wrong? Or is it just a lifestyle for you at this point?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Pavolink said:
Azuren said:

Yeah, and they're trying to expand to outside Japan, hence the Xbox release. So your math is horseshit.

Don't be mad. It's not my fault that the main MH market is in Japan. In fact, for a ww release, Capcom is expecting to sell 2m in a 100m userbase. A similar number to XX, the expansion of an expansion released only in Japan for 3DS.

I've noticed it's only Nintendo fans who don't want to pay attention to the fact that Capcom is clearly aiming for a worldwide market now. Nevermind the release on PC and Xbox One. Nevermind the worldwide release. Nevermind the inclusion of traditionally Western game mechanics like regenerating health.

So yeah, your math is horseshit because you're under the impression that Capcom is still only going after Japan, despite all the evidence to the contrary. You porobably weren't complaining about a Wii U version of the game, though, or a Wii version. But god forbid Capcom put Monster Hunter back where it belongs.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames