Goodnightmoon said:

Let's be real

No

Hmm, let's take a look:

Mobile hardware

Screen built onto the device

Heavy emphasis on portable gaming

"Console" controller is discouragingly expensive

You ever get tired of being wrong? Or is it just a lifestyle for you at this point?

You are the one that never gets tired of being wrong, you just think it goes the other way around which is cute.

I can play Mario Kart 8 at 1080o 60fps on my TV forever without never even undocking the system, how is that not a home console too? Some of you have an incredibly hard time understanding the concept of hybrid.

User was moderated for flaming - Aura7541

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Hmm, let's take a look:

Mobile hardware

Screen built onto the device

Heavy emphasis on portable gaming

"Console" controller is discouragingly expensive

You ever get tired of being wrong? Or is it just a lifestyle for you at this point?

You are the one that never gets tired of being wrong, you just think it goes the other way around which is cute.

I can play Mario Kart 8 at 1080o 60fps on my TV forever without never even undocking the system, how is that not a home console too? Some of you have an incredibly hard time understanding the concept of hybrid.

"Hurr, I'm gonna say the same thing as him because I can't come up with my own response."

Yeah, and I can play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on my PSPgo forever with a controller on my TV. I guess that makes it a console, right?

Oh wait.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

"Hurr, I'm gonna say the same thing as him because I can't come up with my own response."

Yeah, and I can play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on my PSPgo forever with a controller on my TV. I guess that makes it a console, right?

Oh wait.

And you get no improvements on the game by doing that, neither is built on the design of the console to make the transition easy and fast, the home of the system is the dock and once is docked is a homeconsole, the difference in design and the visual improvements while docked make a whole difference.

It's an hybrid, there is really no debate there.

Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Oh wait.

And you get no improvements on the game by doing that, neither is built on the design of the console to make the transition easy and fast, the home of the system is the dock and once is docked is a homeconsole, the difference in design and the visual improvements while docked make a whole difference.

Oh look at that, you don't see that everyday. A Nintendo fan talking about performance.

It's a handheld that comes with a boost when you dock it. Nintendo is certainly advertising as a hybrid, but even Gamefreak is treating it like a handheld by putting a core Pokemon game on it.

Modded - axum

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh look at that, you don't see that everyday. A Nintendo fan talking about performance.

It's a handheld that comes with a boost when you dock it. Nintendo is certainly advertising as a hybrid, but even Gamefreak is treating it like a handheld by putting a core Pokemon game on it.

Now that's the worst argument I have heard today, is a handheld because Pokemon, ok.

If this is the level of the conversation I don't need to go on, have a nice day.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
asqarkabab said:

Nah good joke but whats really the reason of this love and obsession for this series ?

Well, I simply like the gameplay. It is satisfying to prepare yourself for a hunt, find the beast, fight it for 20 minutes and finally bring it down.

Ok then its not a special game and the hype and praise for it is unjustified 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Qwark said:

Poor Japan they want a Switch edition.

And in the west they don't get the 3DS version or the ps4 version.  Pretty weird situation. 

BTW for those saying "the rumour is Sony paid"..... It's a rumor.  There's no proof. 

Some new info.

While previous games had segmented map areas with loading in between, there is no map loading this time. Everything is totally seamless and transition-free.
There is a great sense of a living, breathing world. Monsters have a variety of personalities, which you can use against them. Their A.I. has been enhanced to more intelligent, and they have become more “creature-like.”
There are new suit items called “Mantles.” The one in the trailer lets you go into a sort of stealth mode. There are also Mantles that let you lure monsters towards you.
For the first time in the series, Monster Hunter: World has drop-in multiplayer. If you’re on a quest and need help, you can shoot up an S.O.S. flare to get your friends in the game.
There will still be hunter lounges.
This time, the servers worldwide are all merged into one, so you can play with users around the world.
All 14 weapons from the series are in. The hunting action is the core gameplay of the series. They’re not removing anything, they’re building from the same bases established by the previous titles.
There is a new item called the “Slinger,” which lets you hook onto certain parts of the environment and move around that way. You can also pick up rocks off the ground to put in the Slinger and shoot at the enemy or to create a distraction.
Here are some new details from Dengeki’s Nishioka, who saw a live demonstration of the game:

The basic elements are Monster Hunter.
There is HP, a stamina gauge, and item selection.
Fighting on a seamless map feels like it it makes full use of the changing topography.
You can use items while walking.
There were also Felyne Palicoes.
And a few more tidbits from Capcom community manager Yuri Araujo (1, 2, 3):

This is not a spin-off.
Again, for the first time ever, the game uses one big global online server.
It’s not an open-world game, but the maps are massive and wide open without any loading screens, as detailed earlier in this post.
Monster Hunter: World is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in early 2018, and PC later. In Japan, it will only launch for PlayStation 4.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-14-weapons-series-global-servers-tidbits#fvckL1V8D0CrQCvF.99

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Great move, Capcom. Ignore the best selling platform in the region that your game sells the most. I really hope this bombs and they come begging to Nintendo.

routsounmanman said:
Great move, Capcom. Ignore the best selling platform in the region that your game sells the most. I really hope this bombs and they come begging to Nintendo.

If they can survive it. Monster Hunter has kept them from being bought out for the last five years (at least.)