By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC's stance on Thread Quality and Enforcement

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

I like those rules even more, seeing how their biggest offenders are so against them.

Indeed, the discussion in this thread makes a good case for stricter enforcement.

If John2290 gets silenced, he will be quite.

Quite what?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
RolStoppable said:

Indeed, the discussion in this thread makes a good case for stricter enforcement.

If John2290 gets silenced, he will be quite.

Quite what?

I guess Rol got silenced before he could finish!

vivster said:
John2290 said:
Ya, sure. If you want to kill the site or make a big dent in revenue this is a great set of ideas.

I like those rules even more, seeing how their biggest offenders are so against them.

Never thought I see the day where vivster would make me laugh, but here we are ladies and gentlemen. I'd give you two bucks for the chuckle if you were here.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

I guess Rol got silenced before he could finish!

It's a reference to the following thread by John2290. Ka-pi's post explains what the thread title originally was.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8325084

Ah, that makes your post even better!! XD

John2290 said:
Ya, sure. If you want to kill the site or make a big dent in revenue this is a great set of ideas.

Good quality thread creation doesn't kill forums, John.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:
You can complain all you want, but nothing will change that's the unfortunate truth, but is what it is.

Ahh, is this some insider knowledge that you're giving us?

Not really insider knowledge, it's obvious if you pay attention to how things are handed out. I've said it for a long time, the way mods are trained, granted and disgranted modship, the way reports are handled -or lack there of... is all a shit show. Of course, more politically correct and polite version would be to say, it is an inconsistent mess. I don't think there is any doubt in any regular or mod user that this is the case. 

If want real quality, ideally the moderators would be paid, it is, quite frankly, a thankless job. And some of you guys can be fucking assholes. The fact some of our veteran mods are still here is a blessing. To newer or future mods reading this, good luck. Lack of pay and shitty people makes for a "lax rule" atmosphere. Need examples? Look at some of the stuff I've said in political threads. Even worse, look at what some of you guys say in political threads XD

What would be done? Rules changed? I've been championing that for 2yrs with barely any change. Only contribution I've been able to add to the rules is being modding for calling people 'retards' or 'retarded'. Even then Idk if its actually written in the rules! That's not the mods fault though, that has more to do with ioi. Making mods fill a quota by enforcing rules? The quota that exists (and is hidden to reg mods btw), is stupid and vague. That won't help anything. Reporting more? Maybe. But holy fuck when most mods are in the relatively same time zone that leaves a 12hr dead zone which is only covered by one mod! Before it was Think-Man, starcraft, and me, but now Think-Man has to deal with all that shit, and I don't envy him

I could go into detail but I don't want to right now. But to summarize, things won't change because hiring/firing + training is a clusterfuck, there's no pay for what they do, and well... I'm tired. I've been up since 3am for work. So fuck it  

spurgeonryan said:
I think Ryuu96 saying he will enforce thread quality. He is the reason Conegamer was in the original Microsoft mega thread.

Tens of thousands of Twitter posts with no substance.

If you're going to talk about a moderator or decisions made by the team as a whole, make sure you get yours facts right before you post.

Edit -

StarOcean said:

-snip-

Not the time or place for any of this, Star.

Oh God, this post is making a ton of people come out! Including the OG himself!

spurgeonryan said:
Furthermore what is often forgotten or people do not care about is people want to be involved, they work, have kids, etc. A few minutes or an hour on vgchartz is just a bi t of enjoyment from their phone they have in a day.

My phone for one is hard to type on this forum. Editing is usually out of the question as my Custer does not go where it is supposed to. Quoting is hirrible. My phone constantly pushes the cursor to the middle of the text or top or wherever. That goes for spelling or writing a lot as well. Sometimes you are at work and get home late but want to share a thread or link or video you think is impressive but have limited access to push it.

Users should not be penalized for not being a college student or someone who lives with their parents that can sit at a computer all dday and post what they want all day.

The point of being a mod is to serve the whole not just a few of their friends on a vgsite.

Yeah, I hate making threads on mobile too, which is why I try to only make them on a desktop or laptop. I can understand not having much time, but I think that a good compromize would be to let people with more time make the thread, and then you could give your input in a post in the thread.

Ruler said:

Your rules sound like people are only allowed to start threads if they have nothing else to do in their life, looking at rule 1, 2 and 5 espacially

Making a general quality thread doesn't exactly take hours of hard work. And if one creates a thread with the intent to start a debate by sharing article(s) and/or a personal opinion about a certain subject and then runs away once people begin to post and agree or disagree with the OP, then perhaps it's just better to leave that kind of thread-making to users who have an actual interest in participating in discussions.

If time is an issue the simple answer is to make the thread later.