By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381

Believe it or not, I'm actually more likely to but it at that price.

I have a PS4, and the Pro is really not enough of an upgrade to make it worth my while to get. So, if the Scorpio was along the same lines as the Pro in power, I'd have no interest.

If Scorpio is actually a massive leap over the base PS/One then I might actually be interested in it. And being an actual leap would require a price hike. I still probably won't buy it, but moreso than if it was a Pro competitor.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

Im with you there. While I dont think it will be $400, I do think $450 is possible.

$250  ps4/x1s

$350 ps4 pro

$450 x1 corpio

this seems resonable to me.

JRPGfan said:

PS4pro launched (and still is) 399$.

Scorpio:  +UHD player + More Memory + Secret Sauce CPU + Bigger custom GPU + Custom Cooling solution +bigger PSU +bigger case + more complext MB ect ect.

It makes sense it would launch at more imo.

What you do is have rehearsals (where Geoff heard the price) with a fake price, know full well someone is likely to hear it. It could be right but until I see the announcement, I'm holding off.

The PS5 Exists. 

Holy cow Neogaf are brutal this gif....

http://i.imgur.com/7SqpKHt.gif

It will be $399. MS can give stuff for free if they wanted to but in the spirit of competition, they want the console race to be fair.

Edit: And I accidentally voted yes... sometimes I hate my iPad.

shikamaru317 said:
poklane said:
Looks like he got his info directly from the conference's rehearsal http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240052257&postcount=1572
"Guys, the price is $499 and that is what has been rehearsed. "

This smells fishier and fishier. Why would they let him watch a rehearsal without making him sign an NDA first, unless they wanted to leak a fake price to him so they can surprise people? 

well techincally he didn't say he was allowed to watch it, he might have a source who did though

I mean, Forza screens have leaked around a similar time, Ori leaked a few hours ago. Maybe MS have just got unlucky and stuff has leaked at essentially the last moment

Around the Network

The price is fine, but it is obvious that they should have thrown it out at the PC crowd instead of the console people. If this thing could go from MS office to World of warcraft/ Lol/ Counter Strike to the Xbox library of both 360 and XB1 games it would become the number one console out there at $499. As it stands it will be more marginal, and for what it will sell, they should have announced it less than 2 months before release to stop what looks like a bit of a crash of XB1S from people thinking the Scorpio would be much closer in price.

celador said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Time to cash in my bets.

Well, I thought the PS4 would be doing much better and that the audience for a high end console would be bigger.

But after the dismal 1/5 sales Sony has given I think Microsoft might be in a little trouble.

don't think there is anything dismal about 1/5 new sales being a Pro, but I realise you have to bash Sony in every thread (though why you pick sales when you support Xbox is weird)

Scorpio has an even lower purchase percentage at that price guranteed 

Reading your following posts and history makes me proud of being called a "fanboy".

If not jumping on the hate or hype wagon grant me that title I can accept it.

But your memory might be playing tricks on you. Go back to my post history in the last year. The only product from Sony I have bashed was the PS VR that always seemed a bad idea to me. 

I thought the PS4 Pro was a good idea and had a good price. I thought it would sell much better and give the PS4 in general a bump in sales... but AFAIK PS4 sales are flat this year at best. I don´t know what exactly went wrong but I can´t imagine Sony commited their best engineers to a new hardware expecting to have only 10% of its total user base (including sales since launch until the end of the generation).

Will XBox Scorpio do any better? 

I don´t know. And I don´t care until I get a big ass 4K TV...

I still think it's going to be $399 or bust for the Scorpio.  It's going to be a tough sell when the entry level price for current gen consoles is going to be $199 standard by the holidays for PS4 / X1.  Every console priced over $400 at launch has always struggled out of the gate, and $399 or below has long been established as the highest the mainstream consumer market is willing to go for consoles, with $299 or below being the sweet spot.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So, at least $599 in Canada.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

KLAMarine said:
JRPGfan said:

Whoever runs that account, is on point, and always quick with a witty reply.

Yes, Kaz is a witty man.

^_^  this guy.