Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381

So it will be:
$199 Xbox One S
$499 Xbox Scorpio

So that's 2.5x the price for the exact same games only at a higher resolution. And they actually think this will work?

Around the Network

Looks like he got his info directly from the conference's rehearsal http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240052257&postcount=1572
"Guys, the price is $499 and that is what has been rehearsed. "

Dark_Feanor said:
$399 - Xbox 360 20GB HD - back in 2005 is $499 today in the USA.

The "core" 360 was 299, which today is $375.

Last gen Microsoft wasnt looking to make the most powerful console ever created. If this is true then its going to cost money, especially 8 cores, 6tlops 4k 60-30 natively for games. 

Tulipanzo said:
Dark_Feanor said:
$399 - Xbox 360 20GB HD - back in 2005 is $499 today in the USA.

The "core" 360 was 299, which today is $375.

Can't wait for Phil Spencer to explain inflation at the conference.

"You might say it's a bit expensive. And you would be wrong. I HAVE SPREADSHEETS TO PROVE IT!"

I don´t expect logic or reason to be part of a E3 conference.

Even in interviews if a guy string the wrong emotional cords, Neogaf and others will take him appart - ex. Don Metrick 2013.  

AnthonyW86 said:
So it will be:
$199 Xbox One S
$499 Xbox Scorpio

So that's 2.5x the price for the exact same games only at a higher resolution. And they actually think this will work?

If this is whats happening they better bring the games.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Otter said:

IDK, both seem like niche purchases. If you're going to pay extra for a 4k machine, I don't put it past many tech enthusiasts going for the actual 4k machine. Regardless, with that price Microsoft knows they're pricing themselves out of mainstream competition but I'm not sure Pro is even competing there, do we know how much it sells weekly? 

1 in 5 PS4 sales are Pro, Sony recently said. Which is in line with my predicted 15-20% of the PS4 baseline.

They had sold out they one they manifactured, so they might have done better, but still it seems in line with a 20% adoption rate for 4K TVs

I never believed Scorpio was going to make a difference before and now I think Scorpio is going to have a hard time getting out the gates at all.

AnthonyW86 said:
So it will be:
$199 Xbox One S
$499 Xbox Scorpio

It will have 4x more pixels and problably double the HDD.

I'm going to hold off on believing this. This could easily be the old psychological game of ramping up the supposed price in order to make the actual price sound more reasonable.

The PS5 Exists. 

If that's the case then MS need to make it clear to the audience that the scorpio have always been intended for a premium gamer and its not by designed for casuals bring the team up on stage and thank them, right after saying that go ahead and announce the price at $499.

At the end of the day its a business first and Phil and his team need to be able to go back to senior management and say hey i turned this ship around, kept the brand relevant and broke even on all Scorpio's sold.