By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict How Many Switch Games Will Be Announced at E3!

Nintendo Only, 2 Major(-ish) titles. (Animal Crossing & Mario Maker Switch?)

Though Animal Crossing is probably wishful thinking... I mean it's more then due by now but I'm not convinced it'll make an appearance.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Signalstar said:

My guesses. 10/5 Nintendo games. 15/7 3rd party games. 5/3 ports of older games. 8/3 PS4/XB1/ Switch multiplats.

I don't think I understand your guesses. What does 10/5 mean?

Well, 10/5 = 2 mathematically. ;) 

I expect more

I don't think any new games will be announced from Nintendo. Mostly because they aren't at E3.

If they're going to announce anything, it will be at their Nintendo event this fall or a Nintendo Direct.

0 is the most likely answer.

People saying 20 games are being ridiculous. Nintendo has never announced 20 games during any event ever, not even when they unveiled the Wii. That's just bad marketing. If you're going to announce a game, the more isolated it is from other game announcements, the better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I don't think any new games will be announced from Nintendo. Mostly because they aren't at E3.

If they're going to announce anything, it will be at their Nintendo event this fall or a Nintendo Direct.

You know they are having an event in a couple of days right? They might not be at e3 but they're still having an "e3" event.

Jumpin said:

People saying 20 games are being ridiculous. Nintendo has never announced 20 games during any event ever, not even when they unveiled the Wii. That's just bad marketing. If you're going to announce a game, the more isolated it is from other game announcements, the better.

0 games is even more ridiculous than 20. During the direct in April 2017, 9 Switch games (and some 3DS games too) were announced. It was a small direct, so I don't see why they would announce much less than 9 games at E3.

I'm guessing 12 games.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Jumpin said:

0 games is even more ridiculous than 20. During the direct in April 2017, 9 Switch games (and some 3DS games too) were announced. It was a small direct, so I don't see why they would announce much less than 9 games at E3.

I'm guessing 12 games.

Last year they announced 0 games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Flilix said:

I'm guessing 12 games.

Really? 14 games were at Nintendo's E3 last year, were all of them already announced? (This is an actual question btw, not something sarcastic.)

Either way, the difference with last year is that they have a brand new console this year (and not a dying one like last year). So I expect their E3 this year to be better than last year's, although I don't want to get too hyped.

My guess is 2 big new announcements and 5-7 smaller new announcements during the direct, but there will be more announcements during E3, like Brawl and Codename Steam, which were announced after the press conference in their respective years.

To me E3 starts a week before the actual show as a sort of start up following rumors etc and stuff like that, thus I will add 4 games revealed this past week as well as other games revealed during the E3 period for the grand total of my guess.

Pokken Tournament
Poi
Bulb Boy
Axiom Verge.

Outside of that, at E3 I am expecting something from Devolver conference, Nintendo conference, Ubisoft conference, A slim chance from Bethesda (likely no), A couple of smaller reveals at the Treehouse event and a couple via social media.

Grand total?

• Devolver - 1-2 Games
  • Nintendo - 1-2 Retail titles from Nintendo, Rabbids, Third party reel with ~5-7 new games (inc indies)
  • Ubisoft - Just Dance..
  • Bethesda - 0 games
  • Treehouse - 2-3 games
  • Social media - 4 games
If I take the middle ground all over that's 20 games including this past weeks reveals
Flilix said:
Jumpin said:

Really? 14 games were at Nintendo's E3 last year, were all of them already announced? (This is an actual question btw, not something sarcastic.)

Either way, the difference with last year is that they have a brand new console this year (and not a dying one like last year). So I expect their E3 this year to be better than last year's, although I don't want to get too hyped.

I barely remember anything outside of Zelda from last year but I do remember that Ever Oasis was revealed at E3 at least.

.....I'm going to be watching for reveals. I am not against imagining that Activision or Ubisoft or someone will do some Switch versions.

Still I am aware that the ones I'll care for the most will be coming from Nintendo outside of some real surprise announcements.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?