By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

At the end of 2019 shipped march 2020 sold.

Around the Network

Ah...so many memories. It feels like it was just last summer....I don't know what happened, but this thread had some of the highest levels of insanity I've ever seen in a thread. At least one that I waded into. Usually, if it looks like too many people have bees in their beard, I stay the f out of it. Subbed. Don't want to let this one slip away.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azzanation said:
It wont if they plan a PS5 in a couple of years.
But like most Sony consoles, they will keep selling the machines for 10 years and claim how good there consoles sell.
PS4 will outsell Wii if PS5 doesn't come until 2021. However that's a long time to let MS sell Scorpio as the most powerful console.

Certainly this would make Scorpio the most sold console, and MS would be able to claim this if they kept it for 10 or 50 years right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Getting closer to it now! Should be at 80million SOLD in a couple of weeks which means it is already past 80million SHIPPED! This thread was interesting to go back and read through.....especially the PS4 will only do 80 million lifetime comment smh.....

Now it is only a matter of time as to when it out ships the Wii and see whose prediction was correct!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

People loved being wrong about PS4 before the reveal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Teriol said:
pastro243 said:

man you have been making wrong comments the whole thread and he gave you numbers 

Wrong comments, but only on your sony fan minds,  you can denied the fact that NS is eating ps4 sales, but time will show this reality.

Such waiting, much canibalism, very reality.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Getting closer to it now! Should be at 80million SOLD in a couple of weeks which means it is already past 80million SHIPPED! This thread was interesting to go back and read through.....especially the PS4 will only do 80 million lifetime comment smh.....

Now it is only a matter of time as to when it out ships the Wii and see whose prediction was correct!

Well, I remember a thread that was "when will the ps4 beat 3ds" and people saying it would not. But this was just last year so I don't know which one is worse 

pastro243 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well, I remember a thread that was "when will the ps4 beat 3ds" and people saying it would not. But this was just last year so I don't know which one is worse 

I remember that one too and the comments were the same......people saying never smh.......yet here we are lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

aLkaLiNE said:
Dulfite said:

Where did you get the only needing 20 mil more to catch the Wii?

Dulfite said:
LOL. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii nor will it even come close to doing it. I predict it will be at least 20 mil less than wii by the end of its life.

I don't know 🤔

PS4 at 60 million.

Wii at 100 million. You predict Ps4 will sell 20 million less. By your prediction Sony needs to sell less than approximately 20 million units end of life for it to be correct. It will do 80% of that 20 million (16 million) within a year from now. That leaves 4 million units to sell between June 2018 to whenever production of Ps4 ends. So I think you're going to be wrong d:

I guess @ the OP: Sometime end of 2019/early 2020. PS5 comes out holiday 19', we will have sub $200 PS4 prices. Maybe hitting something like $125-$150 for Black Friday of 19'.

Just to be clear, I think Sony is going to have a small E3 this year and will have less and less games going forward because they want the PS5 to hit the ground running when it launches, just like the ps4. Could the ps4 go on to sell more than the Wii? Absolutely! But only if they hold off the ps5 (and software production moving to the ps5) for a couple more years. If the PS5 launches anytime in 2019 or the first half of 2020, I think the ps4 won't sell more than the Wii. My 20 million short prediction, however, may be wrong as you stated.

Also, nice necrobump ;)

Dulfite said:
aLkaLiNE said:

I don't know 🤔

PS4 at 60 million.

Wii at 100 million. You predict Ps4 will sell 20 million less. By your prediction Sony needs to sell less than approximately 20 million units end of life for it to be correct. It will do 80% of that 20 million (16 million) within a year from now. That leaves 4 million units to sell between June 2018 to whenever production of Ps4 ends. So I think you're going to be wrong d:

I guess @ the OP: Sometime end of 2019/early 2020. PS5 comes out holiday 19', we will have sub $200 PS4 prices. Maybe hitting something like $125-$150 for Black Friday of 19'.

Just to be clear, I think Sony is going to have a small E3 this year and will have less and less games going forward because they want the PS5 to hit the ground running when it launches, just like the ps4. Could the ps4 go on to sell more than the Wii? Absolutely! But only if they hold off the ps5 (and software production moving to the ps5) for a couple more years. If the PS5 launches anytime in 2019 or the first half of 2020, I think the ps4 won't sell more than the Wii. My 20 million short prediction, however, may be wrong as you stated.

Also, nice necrobump ;)

Do you even take into account any real world information when making these predictions? The PS5 could release November 2019 and the PS4 will have outsold the Wii in that same year. 92 million is like a safe estimate for what PS4 will sell by January 2019. That assumes the PS4 sold through 18.4 million in 2018. At that point it has less than 10 million to go to beat the Wii. Since PS3 sold 8 million in 2013, PS4 should be able to sell 10 million in 2019 (if it was the PS5 launch, which is unlikely anyway). 

Then what if PS5 launches November 2020 (which seems the most likely scenario)? That would give the PS4 another full year without next gen hype, meaning that 10 million it would have sold in 2019 PS5 launch year would instead be 14-15 million. Which would put PS4's sales at 106-107 million by the start of 2020. That's not taking into account the rest of 2020 PS4 has before the PS5 launch. Could be an 8-10 million selling year again, 115-117 million total.

Then.. what if Sony drop the PS4 price to $149 after PS5 launches? Or lower? It will go on to sell another 10 million or more before it's discontinued. PS4 has a much higher chance of selling post PS5 than what PS3 did. The reason being that it's actually selling to developing regions. It's already the 3rd best selling console of all time outside US/EU/JP with 14.1 million units sold. It's behind PSP (15.5 million) and PS2 (25.5 million). You haven't taken any of this into account, and thus your predictions have been crazy off.

The PS4 will outsell the Wii. It will outsell the PS1, the Gameboy and probably everything other than the DS and PS2. That's my prediction.