By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Left 4 Dead 2 BC Revisted

Tagged games:

Left 4 Dead is one of my all time favourite Zombie games ever made. The first game released in Nov 17 2008. To play 4 Players co-op or just with 3 NPCs and get flooded by fast moving zombies which you had to mow down fast required alot of team work. The objective was to get from Point A to Point B Safehouses. It was a kids dream game on release and it also inspired many other 4 player co-op games and i believe it was one of the first games to offer different zombie types like the Smoker, Hunter, Tank, Witch, Boomer etc. To add this game is brutal on Expert Diffculty.

Incase many of you dont know this..

Left 4 Dead 2 released on the 360 in Nov 17 2009. In some regions the game was butchered to allow it to get though the rating systems. Where i am from Left 4 Dead 2 was banned due to its (Laughable) violence and Valve had to turn off alot of aspects for the game to reduce its rating to a MA15+ instead of the R18 which the game was built for. EG - Bodies now disappear, Blood Splatter has been reduced heavily, No Guts etc. For a game with Melee weapons turning off Guts was a big blow for the enjoyment. (Maybe i am crazy)

I ignored the game on consoles due to this reason plus i just prefer Valve games on PC. Even the Steam version had only the MA15+ version in my region and the only way to play the R18 version was to do a region change and buy the game from a country that offered the uncensored game. I did that and i absolutely loved it.

Recently i wanted to replay Left 4 Dead 2 with my friend who doesnt own a PC. He had the 360 version. Unfortantly i couldnt buy Left 4 Dead 2 in the XB1 Store unless i own the game on Disk. So i had to unpack my 360, jump on the 360 Store, purchase the game. While i had the 360 out i played 1 chapter with my friend and i completely forgot how much difference a game can be when its censored. I still had a blast like i do with all Valve games, they tend to hold up really well. The next day i unplugged my 360 due to room constraints. (Thank you Backwards compatibility, dont ever leave me again)

I downloaded the game on my XB1 and continued with my friend. He remained on his 360 while i used my XB1. I started out with Melee weapons and run into a bunch of Zombies.. BAM alittle blood splatter on my screen... i knew it was alittle wierd but i continued. I wasnt paying attention to the Zombies that remained on the floor after butchering them.. My friend picked up a grenade Launcher and blasted a Zombie from afar. What i saw was incredible... I saw the Zombie flying in the air and spilling out of him was his intestines... I stopped and said to my mate.. "Did you just see those intestines spill all over the place?" he said no he didnt.. than i sussed it out even more and stood over a mountain of Zombie corpues that i just slaughter and asked "Can you see this pile of Corpes im standing on?" he replied with another No..  I was amazed, the XB1 version of L4D2 is the unsencored version of the game!

Aslong as you own the 360 version Digitally or Pyshically and a XB1 console, you can now play L4D2 uncensored if your region had the stupid censor system. Its ok to play COD and murder a bunch of living people however violence agasint Zombies is a no. 

Enjoy.

*Be nice if Valve annouced a L4D3 at this years E3*

Around the Network

I have it downloaded and still great.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Laughable violence? The gore was increased by a lot compared to the first one. I am not surprised it was banned in some places.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I have this on PC but I am tempted to buy it for the scorpio because I cannot get the local co op to work on pc, there are some guides/hacks but since its not native supported its quite a pain in the ****

Anyway its an incredible game for sure and offers endless co op fun.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Peh said:
Laughable violence? The gore was increased by a lot compared to the first one. I am not surprised it was banned in some places.

L4D2 was a violent game, however bannable? Thats laughable. There have been alot worse that has come out especially movies.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Peh said:

L4D2 was a violent game, however bannable? Thats laughable. There have been alot worse that has come out especially movies.

There's an obvious difference between games and movies. I don't think I have to explain it to you.

There are laws/guidelines to be followed which can vary from country to country. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Azzanation said:

There's an obvious difference between games and movies. I don't think I have to explain it to you.

There are laws/guidelines to be followed which can vary from country to country. 

Double Post (Deleted)

Peh said:
Azzanation said:

Violence is violence to me. If its a game or movie its the same thing. Why are movies different? L4D is about blowing up Zombies and Monsters. I can play games like GTA and bash random people in the streets and steal cars. Yet I cant blow holes through Zombies?

How do games like Friday the 13th come out than and not get banned? Makes no sense to me.

I got l4d some time ago due to a friend request, but we fell off at work. We will probably play later, but im not waiting for that right now. I still need to play it with in the near future.