By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokkén Tournament DX, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon, coming 2017!

Okay Gamefreak, now start making Diamond HD and Pearl HD for Switch and release them next year.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Okay Gamefreak, now start making Diamond HD and Pearl HD for Switch and release them next year.

Hm, I'd personally rather them wait till 2019, so they will be running on the 8th gen engine instead.

Ljink96 said:
celador said:
port port port port

Just like most console 1st year launches...

While you're right, Sony and MS got a loooooot of shit for it (especially from some Nintendo fans). Things got so bad with TLOU:R that the mod team has to start auto-locking threads, because the same stuff was getting posted over and over :p

To be fair though, 99% of it came from a small group, and most have either been banned or cooled off. I don't think people should give Nintendo fans shit over it now in the name of some kind of petty revenge (though that's not what celador is doing).

Almost forgot the obligatory "still no Greninja." Do they think it would take away from Smash or something?

Zekkyou said:
Ljink96 said:

Just like most console 1st year launches...

While you're right, Sony and MS got a loooooot of shit for it (especially from some Nintendo fans). Things got so bad with TLOU:R that the mod team has to start auto-locking threads, because the same stuff was getting posted over and over :p

To be fair though, 99% of it came from a small group, and most have either been banned or cooled off. I don't think people should give Nintendo fans shit over it now in the name of some kind of petty revenge (though that's not what celador is doing).

Well worth pointing out that Sony and MS in 2014 were using ports as a sub in for major games even at major periods of the year.  Shoot Sony had no big gun for Holidays.  Their biggest drive was from Destiny.  I'm willing to be less cynical with Nintendo because they already have Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey slated for this year.  Two of those coming BEFORE Pokken.  Also, Pokken needed a port.  It suffered on Wii U for a lot of reasons.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
twintail said:

Every version of the game works on a single screen.

IF you want MP then need another switch in this case.

Right, that's what I meant. How will two-player Pokken work on a single screen.

https://youtu.be/68OcUvRYz3I?t=31s It's only shown in Duel Phase, but since it says "Duel Phase" on the screen, we can assume both phases are in MP.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bluedestroyer_82/

Online Games: Speedrunners, Payday, Friday the 13th, Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, etc.

Switch: 7518-9635-4492

Online Games: ARMS, Splatoon 2, MK8D, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc.

Now give me DKC Deluxe.

Nuvendil said:

Zekkyou said:

Well worth pointing out that Sony and MS in 2014 were using ports as a sub in for major games even at major periods of the year.  Shoot Sony had no big gun for Holidays.  Their biggest drive was from Destiny.  I'm willing to be less cynical with Nintendo because they already have Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey slated for this year.  Two of those coming BEFORE Pokken.  Also, Pokken needed a port.  It suffered on Wii U for a lot of reasons.

Well said. The Ports on Switch are justified I think because nobody bought the WIi U or played the Wii U versions of these games. I mean, they sold rather well but Mario Kart dropping from 35 million to 8 million, there has to be a couple million more willing to come back. I'd understand the hate if Nintendo bolstered its 1st year lineup with ports only, but these ports are just the appetizers. Like you said we have Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, Splatoon 2, Arms which is a brand new franchise in the first year. I think Nintnedo is really going all out here.

Hiku said:

So what's up with those black things on the pokemon's on the cover?
I haven't played Sun/Moon so I don't know if I should know what that represents?

Not sure if its been factually stated yet. But some are saying its a fusion of some sort with an UltraBeast (which is and isn't a Pokemon) by the name of Necrozma. Due to similarities in design as well as that rainbow like thing (eye?) 

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Necrozma_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Hahahahahahahahaha.