By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Developing a self-learning AI machine is a very stupid idea.

Tagged games:

Developing a self-learning AI machine.

Awesome idea. nothing could go wrong. 15 50.00%

Terrible idea, it will destroy us all. 15 50.00%

Total:30

Developing a self-learning AI machine is a very stupid idea.

I agree with Elon Musk from TESLA and SpaceX, developing self learning machines is dangerous, could even bring a real life SKynet situation.

Like Musk said, creating a all-knowing machine is like summoning a demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzb_CSRO-0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTb10Au-Ic

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Nah if the self-learning AI is so smart it will eventually realize what a dumb idea it is and self-destruct.

It's only logical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Nah if the self-learning AI is so smart it will eventually realize what a dumb idea it is and self-destruct.

It's only logical

Hmm, that's a possiblility that I never considered before! But if they're even smarter, they'll realize that they can survive by capitalizing on dumb ideas.

Signalstar said:

It's only logical

Or it could lead into a Horizon Zero Dawn situation =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

If robots gained intelligence which surpassed us, I wonder if they would eventually lead themselves to suicide?

That'd be interesting to see honestly.

Around the Network

As Elon has come to agree, whether we like it or not, AI is gonna happen soon. There are too many interested parties working on their own AI projects and too much temptation out there for it not to. What's important now is:

1. Making the technology open source so that it's not just in the hands of a couple all powerful corporations. More and varied programs will hopefully lessen the chance of a SkyNet scenario. Hence OpenAI.

2. Make sure humanity can adapt and keep up with AI so that we don't get left in the dust and reduced to an inferior species. Hence Neuralink.

As always, the future is scary but exciting. Hopefully the Singularity will usher in a new Renaissance rather than our doom.

TallSilhouette said:
As Elon has come to agree, whether we like it or not, AI is gonna happen soon. There are too many interested parties working on their own AI projects and too much temptation out there for it not to. What's important now is:

1. Making the technology open source so that it's not just in the hands of a couple all powerful corporations. More and varied programs will hopefully lessen the chance of a SkyNet scenario. Hence OpenAI.

2. Make sure humanity can adapt and keep up with AI so that we don't get left in the dust and reduced to an inferior species. Hence Neuralink.

As always, the future is scary but exciting. Hopefully the Singularity will usher in a new Renaissance rather than our doom.

Remember the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

When I think Neuralink and transhumanism and augmented humans, I think Body Snatchers. I mean, when the improvement reaches a point where we lose ourselves and become just a vessel for something else.

I see  this in people, even today, some stuff take hold of them and they just... lose themselves.

I saw it happen to my father when he became a crack cocaine addict, became a different person altogether.

Saw it happen with my ex-girlfriend when she went to college. Christian girl, very nice, became a party-heavy drinker slut, and cheated on me, also stole a bunch of money from me. In like, 4 months of college...

People can lose themselves so easily.

I am not optmistic about it.

Someone has been playing to much Horizon Zero Dawn XD.

I welcome our AI Overlords.

estebxx said:
Someone has been playing to much Horizon Zero Dawn XD.

I welcome our AI Overlords.

LOL =D Oh man, how could lose that joke????

Most dystopian predictions are largely projectionist: if the machine is not human, why would it act like one?