By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR surpasses 1 million units sold

Did it meet their expectations?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

The device is still supply constrained so yes.  In Japan for example you can't buy one anywhere. 

That's a massive attach rate, about 1,8%!

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

The device is still supply constrained so yes.  In Japan for example you can't buy one anywhere. 

It was, but basically everywhere you can find PSVR now.  Even on sites like Japan Amazon.

SvennoJ said:
Hmm, that's not that great actually.
915k on Februari 19th, only 85k more in nearly 3.5 months, 25k per month, 5.6k per week since Februari 19th.
He did say over 1 million so could be a bit better than 5.6k per week.

5.6 million software sold, I guess I'm way ahead of the curve with about 30 VR games/add-ons bought. I also spend on avg 2 hours a day in VR instead of 25 minutes. Anyway there are enough people online not to have to wait longer than a minute to get a niche game like Bridge Crew going. (It's cross play with OR and Vive which helps) That's first week though, activity on DC VR is very low.

Hopefully Sony will announce a price cut for PSVR at E3 to speed things up a bit. It works great, yet still costs CAD 550 for the base headset here, CAD 699 with camera and move.

Holy shit, I kew it was expensive, but not that expensive! It'd need to be way cheaper before I decide to get one.

Around the Network

I saw like three behind the glass in the PS section when I went to the store last week, and they were there today, too. Now, it could have been three different ones, but they looked like they were in the same positions to me. :/

konnichiwa said:
Kerotan said:

It was, but basically everywhere you can find PSVR now.  Even on sites like Japan Amazon.

False 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B01H03FQ44/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&qid=1496773325&sr=1-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=316zc9CpfsL&ref=plSrch

Kerotan said:
konnichiwa said:

False 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B01H03FQ44/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&qid=1496773325&sr=1-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=316zc9CpfsL&ref=plSrch

Just click add to basket  https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B01H03FQ44/ref=olp_twister_child/356-0686449-7287147?ie=UTF8&mv_edition=0

I like VR but the problem is that game sales for the systems can't be that great to justify some higher investments.

I mean, even if it would be at 5m then it wouldn't be worth to make expensive games for it (at least for third-party devs). That doesn't mean that you can't have a lot of fun with it but it will still get much less especially bigger games as it could.

crissindahouse said:

I like VR but the problem is that game sales for the systems can't be that great to justify some higher investments.

I mean, even if it would be at 5m then it wouldn't be worth to make expensive games for it (at least for third-party devs). That doesn't mean that you can't have a lot of fun with it but it will still get much less especially bigger games as it could.

Well, we had RE7, which is amazing in VR, and DC, and Dirt Rally. For recent VR exclusives Farpoint is pretty polished, as well as Bridge crew. Plus there are many more smaller titles with great ideas. There is no reason to be bored with PSVR, it has had better support in the first year than most console launches. The only genre still absent is the rpg. Perhaps Fallout 4 will come to psvr although it will need a lot of cutbacks to reach 60 fps. The low resolution is a blessing in that case, agressive lod and reduced draw distance should get it there.