By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Arms' Metascore

80 seems realistic.

I feel like even if it is a killer game at what it IS, that maybe a certain percentage of gamers or reviewers may just not dig it or get it. It's kind of a specific game. A fighter with a very particular thing (switching out arms). 

We can expect it to be polished and the party modes to be fun. I just feel like it's pretty goofy which might make some people judge it unfairly.

of course it could be a shit game. But based on what we've seen I'm expecting a very well made game that some people get and some don't, and for that reason maybe like an 80.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Without having a switch and missing out on the pre play, I do not even barely know what it looks like.

But I hate motion control so I have no faith in it. After motion control in Star Fox I have even a stronger hate for it.

you are aware that in pretty much every Switch game motion controls are optional and likely not the preferred control scheme right?

although obviously something like 'arms' where you potentially swing your arms to for the attack motion makes a lot more sense than using gyro controls for Starfox. The difference should be obvious to you. 

82%

Yes they are very harsh but they will praise if they think something is worthy of it. Ie, BOTW. They really got the ball rolling with that 1.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I'm not really sure, but I guessed 84 in the Metacritic thread so I'll go with that

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'll go with 81. It'll be praised, but some reviewers will hate it due to motion controls, even tho you can use traditional controls.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Einsam_Delphin said:
spurgeonryan said:

Without having a switch and missing out on the pre play, I do not even barely know what it looks like.

But I hate motion control so I have no faith in it. After motion control in Star Fox I have even a stronger hate for it.

The motion controls in ARMS are completely optional.

Azuren said:

What are you talking about? It's literally all over this website, and you think I haven't taken the time to look at it? As far as what I judge games on, you don't know me or what kinds of games I like, so maybe refrain from making guesses about my preferences.

And I never said it would get a bad score, or that 82-86 is a bad score. I said if it gets over 90, then it did so on the basis that reviewers are scared to give a well-received Nintendo game anything but a 90% or higher.

Yep I do think that as I said already. As for guessing, I am not, you already said the number of games in a genre somehow matters.

They weren't scared with Splatoon. Is it really so hard to accept that Nintendo games can actually deserve to be 90 or higher?

Then first, you're wrong. I tried to like Arms, but I just can't get into it because I need some level of depth to my games.

And Splatoon earned what it got and filled a necessary role in Nintendo's library.

And no, there are plenty of games that earned 90+ from Nintendo. But Arms isn't one of those titles. Arms is the star attracted of a Ubisoft mini-game collection; good, but in no way deserving of a 90+MC.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Then first, you're wrong. I tried to like Arms, but I just can't get into it because I need some level of depth to my games.

And Splatoon earned what it got and filled a necessary role in Nintendo's library.

And no, there are plenty of games that earned 90+ from Nintendo. But Arms isn't one of those titles. Arms is the star attracted of a Ubisoft mini-game collection; good, but in no way deserving of a 90+MC.

Uh ARMS does have depth. Now I'm even more doubtful that you truely looked at it!

I don't have a problem with you having that opinion of ARMS, but you can atleast acknowledge that if ARMS scores 90+ it's because the reviewers feel it deserves it, not because they're scared for some reason.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Azuren said:

Uh ARMS does have depth. Now I'm even more doubtful that you truely looked at it!

I don't have a problem with you having that opinion of ARMS, but you can atleast acknowledge that if ARMS scores 90+ it's because the reviewers feel it deserves it, not because they're scared for some reason.

No, no it doesn't. And I honestly don't know why I'm even discussing it with you at this point; clearly someone with an Arms Avatar is just about as likely to admit its deserved sub-90 score than a republican is to admit a wall is a stupid idea.

Arms is a boring game with a very Nintendo premise that, if made by anyone else, would get ignored. If it gets a 90, it got it from a Nintendo bump- not through its own value.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames