Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splatoon 2 Will Outsell Splatoon This Year Alone

Will it?

Yes! 81 47.93%

No! 38 22.49%

Maybe 50 29.59%

Total:169
PwerlvlAmy said:
LipeJJ said:

I don't know... with that kind of legs I think the earliest we'll see Splatoon 3 is 2020. Probably later, or even on Switch 2. Maybe it's a generational thing like 2D Mario and Super Smash Bros.

Depends on Switch really. If it keeps selling like fire, they wont pass up a sequel on switch again

Splat2 support will continue intill summer 2019. Splat3 aint coming anytime soon. Itll be SSB omce per gen game.

I can see a spin off though

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Depends on Switch really. If it keeps selling like fire, they wont pass up a sequel on switch again

Splat2 support will continue intill summer 2019. Splat3 aint coming anytime soon. Itll be SSB omce per gen game.

I agree with that, although I think they might do more then one per generation. I can definitely see a spin off being released but I don't know what aspects are really that popular with Japan so I don't know how they could do a well received one besides maybe a Splatoon - Mario Party type mini game collection.

However I do think they will continue to milk it some how some way going forward. But given half a year later and it still places in the top 5 of Japan's domestic sales, I doubt they are in a major rush.

NoirSon said:
tbone51 said:

I agree with that, although I think they might do more then one per generation. I can definitely see a spin off being released but I don't know what aspects are really that popular with Japan so I don't know how they could do a well received one besides maybe a Splatoon - Mario Party type mini game collection.

However I do think they will continue to milk it some how some way going forward. But given half a year later and it still places in the top 5 of Japan's domestic sales, I doubt they are in a major rush.

Persona dancing but splatoon. The japanese love the squid girls

Ljink96 said:
Jumpin said:

Splatoon 3 should sell extremely well! I expect one million units.

I don't think it'll hit 1million. It'll be lucky to hit 1 million. 500K maybe.

I'm going to be BOLD here, and stick to my one million units prediction! The gaming world won't know what hit them!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Splatoon 3 could happen for Switch, considering 2 is just Splatoon Deluxe rushed out so the Switch would have a Splatoon game as soon as possible. I could see 3 happening for holiday 2020.