By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Finals Discussion- warriors clean up in five games, win it all 129-120

Absolutely. What the hell can you do when you're dealing with a guy who can make shots from half-court like it's a free throw?!? Kevin Durant is a great player, no question about it. But make no mistake about it, the Warriors are still Steph's team. Though he and they will never admit it.
He's my pick for Finals MVP.

Around the Network

Fun fact: Lebron is 1-7 in Finals Game 1s, with his only win being against the Mavs which was a series the Heat (ironically) lost.

I expect the Cavs to rally back from this, although I think they will go down 0-2 to start the series. I predict Cavs in 7.

As cirio said, LeBron has a 1-7 Game 1 record. Unless they make the exact same mistakes, we shouldn't be too worried

It should be Warriors in 4. If the Cavs get Swept, this will be LeBron's second Finals sweep and all that, "is he the GOAT" talk will be dead!

Neither him nor Jordan is the GOAT but in context, Jordan is the superior player.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
It should be Warriors in 4. If the Cavs get Swept, this will be LeBron's second Finals sweep and all that, "is he the GOAT" talk will be dead!

Neither him nor Jordan is the GOAT but in context, Jordan is the superior player.

In terms of pure skill, Kevin Durant could easily be considered a GOAT. He is great at any position, has a height advantage, capable of shooting from anywhere, plays solid defense, and is very reliable. 

As a team player however, Jordan simply worked in a way LeBron doesn't. People forget that Jordan beat over 20 teams with a 50+ win record. LeBron has only faced around 8-11. 

Sure, Jordan lost several times in the playoffs, but can you blame him? The man had to face some of the most cruel teams to exist. Also, unlike LeBron, he's 6-0 in the finals and never needed a game 7.

Whe Jordan takes over, it's done. Rodman struggled and Pippen had back pain in Game 6 against the Jazz (which had 2 hall of famers), and yet Jordan triumphed. 

Around the Network

"Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a 'sometimes shooter.' Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn't. That's how it is with LeBron. He's a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as a basketball player. He doesn't have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That's what Michael did in his sleep so that's why the comparison is wrong."

This is a quote from Kerr back in 2011. Still applies. Let him shoot and send him to the free throw line. Then when he disengages the game is over. I was screaming at my TV when the game was getting out of hand. Someone post up. Post up please. LeBron or Love. Especially LeBron

It's hard for me to imagine the Cavs winning this series. The Warriors are just too stacked, and the way the Cavs were defending them (or not defending them) in game 1 was indicative of that. They're so worried about the Warriors shooting them out of the building that they're giving up wide open lanes to the basket. It's like they accepted that they're gonna be giving up buckets, and just figured fuck it let's just make sure that they're only worth 2 a piece.

Adjustments will be made, of course, but ultimately, while the Cavs can play better than this, the Warriors can too, and therein lies the problem. The Cavs' A game is like the Warriors' B- game. If they're firing on all cylinders, there isn't a damn thing Cleveland can do to win this series.

Really, when you look at it, what happened with Game 1 this year is the same thing we saw last year.
We saw Cavaliers team that was horribly and utterly outmatched in every sense of the word and were fighting a losing battle.
Even with an unhealthy, injured Stephen Curry, the Warriors had no troubles whatsoever and managed to get that 3-1 lead.
Then it all went to hell for the Warriors.
Draymond got suspended for Game 5.
Then in Game 5, they lost Bogut, who was their best low post defender and their defensive anchor. Then Iguodala injured his back and wasn't the same. Add those issues along with Steph's health, and you were left with a badly crippled and limping Warriors team that unravelled at the seams.
The only way the Cavs can win THIS year is if something like THAT happens again.
But seeing as how Draymond has actually managed to keep his cool this postseason, they have better centers than they did last year (Zaza I'd take or leave, but JaVale is better than Bogut AND Ezeli, in my view,), they replaced Harrison Barnes with Kevin freaking Durant, and they have a healthy, 100% Stephen Curry, I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

I think Illuminati want Cavs to win.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

So what the Cavs played one bad game. The Cavs will win the Final series in 6 matches and win the series 4-2. Lebron James is already the greatest basketball player of all time. What more does he need to do?