By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online announced

Seems reasonable but i'm still mad we have to pay for something that should be free in the first place.

Around the Network

Pretty decent price, but if the servers are anything like they are with the Wii U, then that's not really worth it :/

That said, Splatoon and MK8 ran decently well so as long as games like Smash are good, then I don't really have any complaints

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

jason1637 said:
Good price. Cant wait for it to launch.

You can't wait to pay for something you currently get free, with virtually no difference in service offered?

I don't even.

Sounds good, especially online play for Super Mario Bros. 3 ... you have my attention, Nintendo.

Buuuuuuut I really hope this doesn't mean no Virtual Console until 2018, that would suck.

Maynard_Tool said:
Slarvax said:

Guys. Great news.

This is all I needed, count me in.... whenever i can get a switch

Awesome news!

Around the Network
SuperBott said:
Maynard_Tool said:

This is all I needed, count me in.... whenever i can get a switch

Awesome news!

now *THAT* is decent justification for the price, but I'll need to see the full library available before i decide if i'll ever bother with online for switch.

Nice, pretty cheap, and I definitely dig the idea of having access to retro games w/online play. Considering my Xbox One's online service is twice as much, and MS free releases are a slow trickle of mostly crappy games or games I don't really care for, not a bad deal.. It will probably be more minimalist in terms of features compared to XBLA but all I really care about is a strong, reliable service.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

RolStoppable said:
Cheaper than I expected ($/€30 per year).

They say that SNES games are still under consideration, but I think it's improbable and if they do come, it's not going to be a 50/50 split with NES games like originally planned. Nintendo knows their Virtual Console sales and a good amount of NES games have probably not sold much at all. If games don't sell, they are more likely to be given away for "free". Balloon Fighter, Ice Climber, Clu Clu Land, early NES sports games etc. They are throwing in SMB3 though; I suppose one big name that still means a lot today was deemed necessary to make a positive impression with this announcement.

They delayed the launch of the paid service. Makes me wonder about SSB4 Deluxe. Maybe postponed until early next year because Switch momentum is so good that Nintendo can afford to shift a tentpole game to a later quarter.

Or instead of letting people buy SMB3 one last time before they own it for life, they could drop the virtual console altogether and bundle the back catalog (good and bad) behind a Nintendo Netflix subscription. Why limit the classics to Switch when every smart device and rival console can run NES/SNES games? (the emulation peasants are doing it already anyway) 

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

That's so low it barely hurts

Mar1217 said:
Platina said:
Pretty decent price, but if the servers are anything like they are with the Wii U, then that's not really worth it :/

That said, Splatoon and MK8 ran decently well so as long as games like Smash are good, then I don't really have any complaints

What about ARMS ? The GlobalTestPuch was running flawlessly during the time I had there.

I don't have a Switch so I can only compare to Wii U servers, though I'm not sure if they are completely separate?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]