By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344

From Neogaf user Atheerios:

http://i.imgur.com/k4LMP9P.png

"Remember all the talk by Reggie of avoiding "clunky gamer headsets" on Switch? Well, this is just ridiculous.

Was just posted on Twitter by Hori: 

We will need to plug the headset both to the phone and the console to be able to listen to other people and the game and the same time.

Seriously, what is Nintendo thinking?"

** Note:  The controller's cables are only 0.5 m long.

Around the Network

So I guess this means your phone will have to be within 1m of your console.
And you ll need a headset with a super long cable if you dont plan on sitting right next to your tv.

This looks clunky as all hell.

BRB looking for the old thread of people claiming you won't need a phone for voice chat.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Is this legit in any way?Because it dosent make any sense doing that.I mean, you wouldnt be able to play at dicked mode, unless you sit 10cm in front of the tv.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Is this legit in any way?Because it dosent make any sense doing that.I mean, you wouldnt be able to play at dicked mode, unless you sit 10cm in front of the tv.

Quoted for eternalized hilariousness.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Here we go. Chronologically.

I...Don't think the Switch has voice chat.

Switch online requires Phone App? Why is no one talking about this?

Certain online features on the Switch might not be limited to smartphone app after all

Switch Voice Chat Without App Confirmed!

It's funny.

JRPGfan said:
So I guess this means your phone will have to be within 1m of your console.
And you ll need a headset with a super long cable if you dont plan on sitting right next to your tv.

This looks clunky as all hell.

I don't see the device using bluetooth.. so yeah... this will be arkward. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

vivster said:
Nautilus said:

Quoted for eternalized hilariousness.

Ops lol

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Switch:

4 devices, 3 cables, a smart phone & special app, turning on the app, playing around with the settings on that connection box thingy.

This is how the PS4 does it (plug it in, then go play):

Its sooo much simpler.

Nintendo Voice chat implimentation is a mess.

JRPGfan said:

4 devices, 3 cables, a smart phone & special app, turning on the app, playing around with the settings on that connection box thingy.

This is how the PS4 does it:

Its sooo much simpler.

Nintendo Voice chat implimentation is a mess.

I'm pretty sure PS4 can do all of it wireless.