100 - 199 GB 12 14.46%

200 - 299 GB 11 13.25%

300 - 399 GB 7 8.43%

400 - 499 GB 7 8.43%

500 - 749 GB 6 7.23%

750 - 999 GB 5 6.02%

Over 1 Terabyte 18 21.69%

Total:83

I use anywhere between 50GB and 150GB per month, it averages out to about 85 GB/month. but for the last two years I have been tethering my internet from my cell phone's Sprint unlimited data plan (which is somewhat not contractual to do, but they don't seem to care unless you are roaming and/or don't pay your bill.)

Around the Network

I buy every month 7 gbs of high speed interner and i have to live with it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ganoncrotch said:
SvennoJ said:

I haven't watched commercials since hdd recorders became available. The one we just upgraded to can record 8 channels simultaneously and links to other terminals to stream in house. The ffwd button on the remote is well worn. So it's not that different from streaming, except that's it all new programs instead of the old stuff we get on Netflix. (However the 'free' on demand streaming from the cable provider has unskippable commercials, ffwd locked out, useless)

I use both anyway. Currently watching Star trek Enterprise on Netflix, and Dr Who on cable, records automatically when a new episode airs. Start watching about 20 minutes after it starts and you'll catch up at the end while skipping commercials. Everything starts on the hour (or half hour) here, so that 42 minute runtime per episode gets padded with 18 minutes of commercials.

The tech guys that were over to plug in the boxes said they expect it all to change into streaming in a few years. They'll need to lay fiber first though, although it's impressive they manage to pump over 600 channels simultaneously through basically 2 copper wires, plus hi-speed internet.

That's some damn good choice of shows right there, Enterprise is surprisingly good once you get over the cringey as fuck theme song FFWD button again :D but just don't bother watching the series Finale, it's almost unrelated to the rest of the show and only brings it down as a whole I found.

Doctor who.... I really envy anyone who is getting to watch that series now, if you are in Matt Smith land that is some of my favourite TV I think I've ever watched in 34 years of being alive.

That's what I love aout Netflix, press right on the d-pad to skip to the last frame of the theme song. The show would have done a lot better with a good star trek intro. It was getting pretty good at the end of season 2, epic Borg chase and all (26 episodes in a season, nowadays 14 or less is a full season...) Now I'm getting used to the massive shift in tone in season 3. It's like they did a Voyager. Apart from over-sexualizing T'pol I'm liking the new direction so far.

I initially hated the new Dr Who when it came out. Then I got into it, binge watched it on Netflix and now eagerly await every new episode.

Btw have you seen The expanse? Very good sci-fi, looking forward to season 3. It takes a few episodes to get into it as there is a lot going in, got to pay attention. Well written with interesting characters.

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:

That's some damn good choice of shows right there, Enterprise is surprisingly good once you get over the cringey as fuck theme song FFWD button again :D but just don't bother watching the series Finale, it's almost unrelated to the rest of the show and only brings it down as a whole I found.

Doctor who.... I really envy anyone who is getting to watch that series now, if you are in Matt Smith land that is some of my favourite TV I think I've ever watched in 34 years of being alive.

That's what I love aout Netflix, press right on the d-pad to skip to the last frame of the theme song. The show would have done a lot better with a good star trek intro. It was getting pretty good at the end of season 2, epic Borg chase and all (26 episodes in a season, nowadays 14 or less is a full season...) Now I'm getting used to the massive shift in tone in season 3. It's like they did a Voyager. Apart from over-sexualizing T'pol I'm liking the new direction so far.

I initially hated the new Dr Who when it came out. Then I got into it, binge watched it on Netflix and now eagerly await every new episode.

Btw have you seen The expanse? Very good sci-fi, looking forward to season 3. It takes a few episodes to get into it as there is a lot going in, got to pay attention. Well written with interesting characters.

All of the sci fi people I know have recommended it to me but I've not gotten a chance to start it up yet, really heard great things from so many people now, it is definitely going on the list.

Also when T'Pol contracts Vulcan aids... gets a bit weird, good message there reflecting the 80s reaction to Aids but still... it's a bit heavy handed I found.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

SvennoJ said:

It took about an hour and a half on the phone to find a suitable replacement package with 500GB data limit. Yay, still a data limit. Yet somehow $20 less a month than what we were paying, except, this is where they get you, in a year the bill will silently go up by $40 a month. Oh well, still have a year from then to negotiate a better deal before being off worse. That's what it feels like with my isp, yearly negotiations. Does it have to be this way.

At least they'll waive the overage charges (have to call again for that cause computers) and with nearly double the limit we should be good for a while again. I better check the next bill carefully. It usually takes a few back and forths until they get things as promised.

Anyone else have to negotiate yearly with their isp?
Btw we were paying about CAD 2500 ($1860) yearly for cable+internet+landline (useless thing but still have to keep it)

I have around 1 TB data per month (Steam, Origin, PSN, XBL + iTunes downloads + hundreds of automatic game updates every month + YouTube + Amazon Instant Video streaming). No torrents!

Last month only 850 GB, but last November I topped 2 TB (additional to the usual, I redownloaded a lot of PS4 games due to my switch from PS4 to PS4 Pro and many games with huge downloads were on sale):

On the other hand, we don't need much data volume for our mobile devices. My phone has 50 - 200 MB traffic per month, the rest of the family is way below that... so we "consume the internet" mostly at home.

Our costs are quite affordable: around € 50 per month for the whole package (telephone land line + 100 Mbit internet with no data cap + 4 phone/internet SIM cards for mobile devices + all telephone calls). All our TVs are connected to our satellite dish, so no extra costs for cable TV (except the €210 governmental broadcasting fee). 

So around €600 per year + €50 for Amazon Prime (will be €70 next year) + a few bucks for Netflix or Sky ticket for selected months + €210 TV fee... around €900 in total. 

Around the Network

1 person household; ME

I use roughly 400-500 gb per month.

Between 200-250. Cap is 375 GB. Bell Canada *sigh*.

Conina said:

I have around 1 TB data per month (Steam, Origin, PSN, XBL + iTunes downloads + hundreds of automatic game updates every month + YouTube + Amazon Instant Video streaming). No torrents!

Last month only 850 GB, but last November I topped 2 TB (additional to the usual, I redownloaded a lot of PS4 games due to my switch from PS4 to PS4 Pro and many games with huge downloads were on sale):

On the other hand, we don't need much data volume for our mobile devices. My phone has 50 - 200 MB traffic per month, the rest of the family is way below that... so we "consume the internet" mostly at home.

Our costs are quite affordable: around € 50 per month for the whole package (telephone land line + 100 Mbit internet with no data cap + 4 phone/internet SIM cards for mobile devices + all telephone calls). All our TVs are connected to our satellite dish, so no extra costs for cable TV (except the €210 governmental broadcasting fee). 

So around €600 per year + €50 for Amazon Prime (will be €70 next year) + a few bucks for Netflix or Sky ticket for selected months + €210 TV fee... around €900 in total. 

Without cable we're paying about € 130 per month for 270GB data at max 10 up / 50 mbps down, landline and 1 cell phone with 500 MB per month. (It's the smallest amount which we never get close too as it's always connected through wifi, 80MB usage last month)
With TV and netflix included -> € 2325 a year. It should go a down € 160 euros for the next year since the limit went up to 500GB (cause that makes sense), then up € 320 for the year after. You basically have to complain again when the current promotions run out or they just keep charging more and more...

We actually still have OTA tv here, some in full HD, free broadcasts which you can pick up with a $150 UHF digital antenna. The channel selection is very limited ofcourse plus you need your own recording equipment and have no build in tv guide etc.