100 - 199 GB 12 14.46%

200 - 299 GB 11 13.25%

300 - 399 GB 7 8.43%

400 - 499 GB 7 8.43%

500 - 749 GB 6 7.23%

750 - 999 GB 5 6.02%

Over 1 Terabyte 18 21.69%

Total:83

I think mine is capped at 100gb. Doubt I use even half of that during the month, lol

Around the Network

no cap and over 800G per month

Click HERE and be happy 

Ka-pi96 said:
How do you even find out?

I'd hate having a cap though. Don't know why you people do it

I mean, I do technically have a cap, but that's because I'm using uni internet rather than paying for my own... besides it's a 30GB of uploads per day cap. Good luck reaching that

If you have a cap then your isp provides you with a way to see your data usage, although not realtime.

In windows you can track it simply by setting your connection as a metered connection. My laptop has used 44 GB in the last 60 days, ~ 750 MB per day. That's just internet browsing, the occasional you tube video and uploading screenshots. Yet that's only about 8% of my household usage. You can also check your data usage on XBox One under network settings, however ps4 doesn't have any tracking. I don't let my ps4 download automatic updates as some patches are getting ridiculous in size.

I have a 1T cap and could easily exceed it but am getting by staying under since it was initiated a few months ago.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Christ... 250gb cap?

That's about 4-5 PS4 games of the AAA variety that would be insane to agree to.
The Witcher 3 and all dlc for it are close to 80GB alone, could download that and then set your youtubes to 240p for the rest of the month :D would drive me insane having that cap.

Agree to lol. The only alternative here is switching to phone lines and be limited to 5mbps, joy with 4 people.

They still offer a smaller package 25GB a month! I guess for people that only use email. Unlimited internet starts at CAD 100 a month. That would be the next step when 4K streaming becomes normal. Hopefully next year I can negotiate with them to get us to unlimited for a reasonable price. The first thing I check when browsing games on psn is what the download size is.

It's kinda sad how addicted to internet we've become. Turning the modem off when getting close to the limit is amazingly hard to do lol. My kids asking every 5 minutes to do something that involves internet. Check the weather, the news, game sites, google anything I need to look up, and I just bought Bridge crew, ps4 system update, game patch, online only. How did I manage to grow up without the internet!

I think the main way we survived without having gigs of data pouring into our houses was because back in the 90s our video games were 512KB of Sonic the Hedgehog which arrived in a cartridge sold by a nice person at a game shop, now our games are either sold at gamestop along with trying to sell you an upgrade to your loyalty to gamestop and disc insurance for laser burn (on a 3ds cartridge) while you just want your damn game, so more and more people are going to the internet to download their games direct instead, but... long gone are the days of the 512kb Sonic and now we have 40+ GB battlefield and 80+GB Witcher and Fallout 4 on the PS4.

If it wasn't for games I would be happy around the 250gb mark I would wager.... but even still, the majority of the TV watched in our house is from Netflix or one of the other streaming services, terrestrial channels here in Ireland are just gone to shit, not only are they funded by a 160per year fee but they also incorperate advertisments which can almost double the run time of shows, big bangs 20 min episodes are over half an hour here because of it, after streaming without adverts I found it impossible to go back to such disjointed entertainment.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Think i use 300-600 GB/month.

But I don't really care since I don't live in a developing country and have no data cap.

I'm more focused if I should pay for a 250/250 bps or 1000/250 bps connection instegs of the 100/100 bps connection I have right now.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I think the main way we survived without having gigs of data pouring into our houses was because back in the 90s our video games were 512KB of Sonic the Hedgehog which arrived in a cartridge sold by a nice person at a game shop, now our games are either sold at gamestop along with trying to sell you an upgrade to your loyalty to gamestop and disc insurance for laser burn (on a 3ds cartridge) while you just want your damn game, so more and more people are going to the internet to download their games direct instead, but... long gone are the days of the 512kb Sonic and now we have 40+ GB battlefield and 80+GB Witcher and Fallout 4 on the PS4.

If it wasn't for games I would be happy around the 250gb mark I would wager.... but even still, the majority of the TV watched in our house is from Netflix or one of the other streaming services, terrestrial channels here in Ireland are just gone to shit, not only are they funded by a 160per year fee but they also incorperate advertisments which can almost double the run time of shows, big bangs 20 min episodes are over half an hour here because of it, after streaming without adverts I found it impossible to go back to such disjointed entertainment.

Isn't that... normal?

Our next door neighbours main TV provider gets funded solely by the fee paid, most countries do either one or the other, ours does both because greed.

"

Search Results

Funding. The BBC domestic television channels do not broadcast advertisements; they are instead funded by a television licence fee which TV viewers are required to pay annually. This includes viewers who watch real-time streams or catch up services of the BBC's channels online or via their mobile phone."

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ka-pi96 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Our next door neighbours main TV provider gets funded solely by the fee paid, most countries do either one or the other, ours does both because greed.

"

Search Results

Funding. The BBC domestic television channels do not broadcast advertisements; they are instead funded by a television licence fee which TV viewers are required to pay annually. This includes viewers who watch real-time streams or catch up services of the BBC's channels online or via their mobile phone."

That's not entirely true. BBC still has adverts, they just don't have adverts for non-BBC products.

Besides, BBC sucks! Channel 3/4/5 are much better and you still have to pay the fee to watch them too even though they have adverts.

TV license in Ireland is 160 for a year and provides bollocks though

Netflix is 120 for a year... HD glorious advert free watching.

There is no comparison.

Ganoncrotch said:

I haven't watched commercials since hdd recorders became available. The one we just upgraded to can record 8 channels simultaneously and links to other terminals to stream in house. The ffwd button on the remote is well worn. So it's not that different from streaming, except that's it all new programs instead of the old stuff we get on Netflix. (However the 'free' on demand streaming from the cable provider has unskippable commercials, ffwd locked out, useless)

I use both anyway. Currently watching Star trek Enterprise on Netflix, and Dr Who on cable, records automatically when a new episode airs. Start watching about 20 minutes after it starts and you'll catch up at the end while skipping commercials. Everything starts on the hour (or half hour) here, so that 42 minute runtime per episode gets padded with 18 minutes of commercials.

The tech guys that were over to plug in the boxes said they expect it all to change into streaming in a few years. They'll need to lay fiber first though, although it's impressive they manage to pump over 600 channels simultaneously through basically 2 copper wires, plus hi-speed internet.

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I haven't watched commercials since hdd recorders became available. The one we just upgraded to can record 8 channels simultaneously and links to other terminals to stream in house. The ffwd button on the remote is well worn. So it's not that different from streaming, except that's it all new programs instead of the old stuff we get on Netflix. (However the 'free' on demand streaming from the cable provider has unskippable commercials, ffwd locked out, useless)

I use both anyway. Currently watching Star trek Enterprise on Netflix, and Dr Who on cable, records automatically when a new episode airs. Start watching about 20 minutes after it starts and you'll catch up at the end while skipping commercials. Everything starts on the hour (or half hour) here, so that 42 minute runtime per episode gets padded with 18 minutes of commercials.

The tech guys that were over to plug in the boxes said they expect it all to change into streaming in a few years. They'll need to lay fiber first though, although it's impressive they manage to pump over 600 channels simultaneously through basically 2 copper wires, plus hi-speed internet.

That's some damn good choice of shows right there, Enterprise is surprisingly good once you get over the cringey as fuck theme song FFWD button again :D but just don't bother watching the series Finale, it's almost unrelated to the rest of the show and only brings it down as a whole I found.

Doctor who.... I really envy anyone who is getting to watch that series now, if you are in Matt Smith land that is some of my favourite TV I think I've ever watched in 34 years of being alive.