By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why NieR: Automata is a Masterpiece and my favorite game of all time.

Tagged games:

Have you Played NieR: Automata?

Yes! 38 41.30%

Not yet but i will. 38 41.30%

No 16 17.39%

Total:92

I absolutely love this game!! Definitely one of the best games I've ever played!!!

Around the Network

It's amazing, yep. I wouldn't say it's my GOAT, but it's definitely one of my favourite games of this gen. It made me curious about the Drakengard series, but I found those games unplayable lol. Platinum gave the saga a pretty good gameplay, which is what it needed desperately. I wonder if there are any comics/novelizations of the previous games...

One game ill pick up soon. See what all the fuss is about.

Boberkun said:
estebxx said:

The gameplay aside from feeling great is also enhanced thanks to the the skill system, which makes it the most flexible character action game i have played, it allows you to change you gameplay style in such drastic ways it can indeed feel like you are suddenly playing a different game, to give you an example all the core gameplay mechanics of the most popular platinum games are available in this game as skills, and they do work exactly as they do in their original games (with the benefit that you can improve them to make them beyond OP).

Gameplay in NieR:Two is straight up copy of gameplay from previous P* project - Transformers Devastation.

Apart from gorgeous OST and couple of touchy moments this game is mediocre at best. 

Didn't you know? Transformers doesn't have "DAT ASS".  So NieR is better.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I'll get the game eventually and I'm sure it will be a good but I stopped watching that vid once he start praising evangelion.

Around the Network

It most certainly is a Masterpiece and I would count it amongst the best of the generation. Not my personal fav of all time, but I can get why it is for you.

This game cant event top Nier 1 about the feel, and people said it's their favorite game of all time 

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

Glad you loved it!

Boberkun said:
estebxx said:

The gameplay aside from feeling great is also enhanced thanks to the the skill system, which makes it the most flexible character action game i have played, it allows you to change you gameplay style in such drastic ways it can indeed feel like you are suddenly playing a different game, to give you an example all the core gameplay mechanics of the most popular platinum games are available in this game as skills, and they do work exactly as they do in their original games (with the benefit that you can improve them to make them beyond OP).

Gameplay in NieR:Two is straight up copy of gameplay from previous P* project - Transformers Devastation.

Apart from gorgeous OST and couple of touchy moments this game is mediocre at best. 

It takes less than 2 minutes of comparing gameplay for this to be horrendously wrong. Transformer combat isn't bad, but it's not even a foundation for Automata's combat.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Awesome game, I gladly double dipped for PS4 and Steam versions.

Not my favorite game of all time (Persona 4 Golden and Steins;Gate are up there waiting for me to finish Persona 5), but it's really high in my ranking. A great demonstration of video games as a true art.

I hope to see a new Nier with an even bigger budget for a larger scale production.