By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why NieR: Automata is a Masterpiece and my favorite game of all time.

Tagged games:

Have you Played NieR: Automata?

Yes! 38 41.30%

Not yet but i will. 38 41.30%

No 16 17.39%

Total:92

I really need to get on this one. Because of my backlog, I wait for reduced prices whenever possible unless it's a smaller "niche" title, but with this one, along with Nioh and Persona 5 it's too risky. They skirt the line enough that they could become difficult to find.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
estebxx said:

The gameplay aside from feeling great is also enhanced thanks to the the skill system, which makes it the most flexible character action game i have played, it allows you to change you gameplay style in such drastic ways it can indeed feel like you are suddenly playing a different game, to give you an example all the core gameplay mechanics of the most popular platinum games are available in this game as skills, and they do work exactly as they do in their original games (with the benefit that you can improve them to make them beyond OP).

Gameplay in NieR:Two is straight up copy of gameplay from previous P* project - Transformers Devastation.

Apart from gorgeous OST and couple of touchy moments this game is mediocre at best. 

I guess since you quoted me is because you want a response from me, in which case it should be pretty obvious that i erhmm... respectfully disagree.

shenlong213 said:

This game cant event top Nier 1 about the feel, and people said it's their favorite game of all time 

There is much more to NieR: Automata than just feels.

Edit: Also i guess feels in a game are pretty subjective, makes me remember TLOU and how the part that affected me the most from that game isnt neither of the ones that got most people.

malistix1985 said:
its not my fav. game of all time but its deff somewhere in the list of best of this generation behind Persona 5, Forza Horizon 3 and The Witcher 3 somewhere.

I really enjoyed Nier a lot more then I would have expected and the fast combat with the story where amazing. The second playtrough did burn me a little since the bosses didn't scale in level and i felt it was wayyy to easy but apart from that everything else and especially the final hours and music score, epic

Yeah the second playthrough is definitely not as strong as the rest of the game, and it also bothered me that enemies didnt scale in level to you at first but then i realized something, i think the reason why they must have done it that way is so that people who dont wanna sit for another 15 hours o so of playing the same game can just beat it as fast as possible.

Volterra_90 said:
It's amazing, yep. I wouldn't say it's my GOAT, but it's definitely one of my favourite games of this gen. It made me curious about the Drakengard series, but I found those games unplayable lol. Platinum gave the saga a pretty good gameplay, which is what it needed desperately. I wonder if there are any comics/novelizations of the previous games...

Those games are indeed pretty subpar when it comes to gameplay, if you just want the stories there are some pretty good videos on youtube that summarise every game up until Automata.

Gonna play this right after I finish BotW.

This game is for sure on my top 10 of all time and easily my GOTY, I love it so much.

I wanna read but at the same time I don't want spoilers. xD

Around the Network
Wright said:

I wanna read but at the same time I don't want spoilers. xD

If you are gonna play it anyway then dont read, i mean you wont be spoiled by anything significant but the less you know the better.

outlawauron said:
Boberkun said:

Gameplay in NieR:Two is straight up copy of gameplay from previous P* project - Transformers Devastation.

Apart from gorgeous OST and couple of touchy moments this game is mediocre at best. 

It takes less than 2 minutes of comparing gameplay for this to be horrendously wrong. Transformer combat isn't bad, but it's not even a foundation for Automata's combat.

Combat in both NieR and Transformers is inferior compared to other original P* games. I mostly talked about customization chips though.

estebxx said:

I guess since you quoted me is because you want a response from me, in which case it should be pretty obvious that i erhmm... respectfully disagree.

It doesn't matter agree you or not. My words are factually objective, opinions aside.

Boberkun said:
outlawauron said:

It takes less than 2 minutes of comparing gameplay for this to be horrendously wrong. Transformer combat isn't bad, but it's not even a foundation for Automata's combat.

Combat in both NieR and Transformers is inferior compared to other original P* games. I mostly talked about customization chips though.

estebxx said:

It doesn't matter agree you or not. My words are factually objective, opinions aside.

LOL, OK thats all i needed to know.

estebxx said:

You need to admit that you are acts like a rapturous baby and deny facts.

If you were actually playing both games, you would have seen that Platinum Games use in Nier:Two pretty much everything from Transformers: same menus layout, same weapons organization, same chips customization.

It should be said that in the Transformers game the weapon system is way more advanced due to the fusing option.

Boberkun said:
estebxx said:

You need to admit that you are acts like a rapturous baby and deny facts.

If you were actually playing both games, you would have seen that Platinum Games use in Nier:Two pretty much everything from Transformers: same menus layout, same weapons organization, same chips customization.

It should be said that in the Transformers game the weapon system is way more advanced due to the fusing option.

Who cares. Alot of those types of menus or features are in other games.