Forums - Sony Discussion - I have an eerie feeling Sony is going to hold some announcements for PSX

Teeqoz said:

So easy to cast the first stone isn't it.. Turns out game development can be complicated and delays/cancellations can happen due to unforeseen consequences. Now, do I think Microsoft and Sony should be more careful with showing of things that might be a while away from release? Yes, but to pretend like this is a "Sony" thing is ludicrous. It isn't, like you say, not as bad for MS as it is for Sony, it is just as bad.

Quantum Break was announced on May 21 2013 and released on April 5 2016.

That's a long wait too.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Sony is good at showing things way too early...

- Death Stranding: announced at E3 2016, we haven't even seen gameplay yet or what kind of game it will be.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: announced at E3 2015, but they only recently entered the development phase...
- Shenmue III: announced at E3 2015, we haven't even seen gameplay yet.
- Dreams: announced at E3 2015, haven't seen much of it since.

Cut it out. All of the companies show games too early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C1oxc6GdPc

Recognize that game from E3 2014?

Miguel_Zorro said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Sony is good at showing things way too early...

- Death Stranding: announced at E3 2016, we haven't even seen gameplay yet or what kind of game it will be.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: announced at E3 2015, but they only recently entered the development phase...
- Shenmue III: announced at E3 2015, we haven't even seen gameplay yet.
- Dreams: announced at E3 2015, haven't seen much of it since.

Do you have another one just to prove your fact, cuz that's the only one people show when it comes to this.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

next gen PS portable announcement

Mar1217 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Do you have another one just to prove your fact, cuz that's the only one people show when it comes to this.

I'll PM you.

Can you get back on topic now?

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Petty sure that Wii Fit U, Pikemin 3, W101, Yoshi World, DKC, SFZero all got pushed back from their initial dates so they launched later.

XBX took 1 month short of 3 years to launch.

twintail said:
Mar1217 said:

Petty sure that Wii Fit U, Pikemin 3, W101, Yoshi World, DKC, SFZero all got pushed back from their initial dates so they launched later.

Don't know about the first 3 games but didn't Pikmin 3 launched on the 1st year of the WiiU ? I mean if it was reported, I don't think it was by much. And Yoshi Wolly World/ Star Fox Zero were announced during E3 2015 and they still landed in 2016. 

I was searching for example similar to Sony's cases, except BOTW.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
twintail said:

Don't know about the first 3 games but didn't Pikmin 3 launched on the 1st year of the WiiU ? I mean if it was reported, I don't think it was by much. And Yoshi Wolly World/ Star Fox Zero were announced during E3 2015 and they still landed in 2016. 

I was searching for example similar to Sony's cases, except BOTW.

Pikmin 3 was actually delayed twice. first launch window to outside launch window, and then again to further that same year (2013). SFZ was a 2015 title pushed back to 2016. Yoshi was announced back in 2013 actually now that I see. The delay was for the US version, so not quite the same thing. 

ah I see. thought you wanted more nintendo cases.

I think u guys have all a little bit too high hopes. In general, E3 is more and more blablabla event and its getting worse year after year.

If they don't have anything big or new to show then there'd be no point in having PSX. So it kind of goes without saying.