By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2017 Press Conference Thread - It's over

Tagged games:

No Shenmue 3

Around the Network
poklane said:

Rumor: No Bloodborne II at E3 -- FromSoft is revealing a new IP called 'Phantom Wail'

I've heard this name tossed around a lot between some other insiders, but I finally found a post (on /v/) that included both the name and now some actual game details. Here's a bullet point summary. Take it with a grain of salt, as always.

- Ancient Aztec/tribal aesthetic (unknown if set in actual Aztec times or if its just Aztec-inspired)
- Emphasis on kung-fu style combat
- There will still be traditional weapons
- However, weapon-based movesets are gone
- Instead, players will customize their own fighting styles and weapon movesets (for any weapon)
- Appears to be Souls-like
- Collaboration between Sony Japan and FromSoft (ie, it's a PS4 exclusive)

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/75390906

Like the name of the title, if true...,)

LipeJJ said:
I hope we get a new Legend of Dragoon just to make BraLoD happy. He deserves it.

LOL Seriously. Haha

When Valkyria Revolution was announced I was so hyped for this, but now it's not even on my radar.

Maybe I've just been over-saturated with JRPG the past months that I'm not as interested anymore. Maybe it'll come back?

Shit only 2 weeks away. This has crept up so fast.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
V-r0cK said:
When Valkyria Revolution was announced I was so hyped for this, but now it's not even on my radar.

Maybe I've just been over-saturated with JRPG the past months that I'm not as interested anymore. Maybe it'll come back?

It has too.
Life without RPGs would be so sad...

Very true lol.  I'll likely pick it up down the road :)

It is cooooming!

V-r0cK said:

It was on my radar, and then I played the demo. Not on my radar anymore. 

Honestly, I'm not playing a lot recently and I have a big backlog, I have no idea what I could want from this E3. A good Vita successor? The announcement of a new Nier in development, news from the Gravity Rush team? (too early for both of them, I know) I already got my favorite IPs lately (Zero Escape, Steins;Gate, Persona, Danganronpa), so I'm not really waiting for anything, some fun stuff could come at the TGS though (new Uchikoshi game, a real Valkyria, new Atlus projects...). But surprise me for this E3, Sony! :D

Every single day I check the EUIPO to see if Sony registers a new IP in Europe. About a year ago Sony trademarked 'The Sentinel', but we still have no idea what it is. They've already registered 'That's You!' which also has already been rated in Brazil, and it's a quiz game you can also play on your phone according to rumors.
June 12th itself might also be interesting based on last year, when the registered Fairpoint, Days Gone and Death Stranding just hours before the conference itself. In 2015 they also registered Rigs, A Million Ways to Die (afaik we still don't know what this is) and Nathan Drake on the day of the conference.

BraLoD said:
poklane said:
Every single day I check the EUIPO to see if Sony registers a new IP in Europe. About a year ago Sony trademarked 'The Sentinel', but we still have no idea what it is. They've already registered 'That's You!' which also has already been rated in Brazil, and it's a quiz game you can also play on your phone according to rumors.
June 12th itself might also be interesting based on last year, when the registered Fairpoint, Days Gone and Death Stranding just hours before the conference itself. In 2015 they also registered Rigs, A Million Ways to Die (afaik we still don't know what this is) and Nathan Drake on the day of the conference.

Yeah I saw it about That's You.

Hopefully that not what JS has really been working on -.-

It's being developed by Wish Studios