By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
Alkibiádēs said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbASYe68UWU

This looks pretty much the same as on the PS4 and XBONE, very impressive.

Wow, doesn't look like much of a downgrade at all!

Around the Network

I like how they said they didn't want to put protagonists from every game in Fire Emblem Warriors because it would be too many swords users, and in today's trailer the new characters all use swords, gg.

Damn that tournament was hype! Spectator mode works flawlessly, new battle music is hawt, all the specials were impactful yet balanced, and of course the core gameplay is as amazing as ever!

Awesome tournament... Splatoon 2 is amazing

34 years playing games.

Great starting commercial focuses on multiplayer games for adults. Arms, Splatoon, Rocket League, and Fifa
multiplayer bring back the couch co-op feeling of the N64.

Reggies opening speech was kickass. A lot of non-gamer's just don't get it. Videogames take you to whole
new worlds in ways that books and movies cannot.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer looks amazing. I like the stylistic anime look way more than the overly
detailed look of X. X was really good, but it felt bloated and unfocused. XC2 looks like it is going back
to the series roots. FUCKING NOT DELAYED!!! FUCK YES!!!

New Kirby game announced. Looks a lot like Crystal Shards from N64.

Pokken looks good but need more info on it.

Switch is getting a mainline Poke'mon game. It's happening! Nintendo is merging it's handheld and console
divisions into one! Yaaaas!

*Sees 4*... *Hears that sick Metroid Prime into screen music* No! No way! YEEESSSSSS!!! YAAAAAASSSS!!

The new Yoshi game looks good, but Whoolly World wasn't exactly a must own game. It's still nice to see that
they have one in development though.

Fire Emblem Warriors is meh. I've yet to see a dynasty warriors game with better than average reviews.

Zelda DLC is to be expected.

Rabbids actually looks like it will be good.

Super Mario Odyssey has Mario posessing things with his hat? Oh boy, this will be interesting gameplay
for sure. Those boss battles remind me a lot of Galaxy. That is not a bad thing.

Overall Nintendo's presentation was better than everyone else's. They had more announcements this year
than anybody else. They also have more AAA exclusive games coming out during the rest of this year than the
other two consoles. The only way it could have gone better, was if they announced Monster Hunter XX for the west.

Around the Network

I think there really needs to be a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster for Switch before Prime 4 hits. It's not like this is a reboot, it's a sequel and it will be over a decade since the last. That's too long to not reintroduce the trilogy to players somehow. Even those that played Prime 3 as a kid would be an adult.

HyrulianScrolls said:
I think there really needs to be a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster for Switch before Prime 4 hits. It's not like this is a reboot, it's a sequel and it will be over a decade since the last. That's too long to not reintroduce the trilogy to players somehow. Even those that played Prime 3 as a kid would be an adult.

It could simply a new trilogy under the Prime name. Like Mass Effect tried to do. So the story for the previous title don't matter that much if true.

Metroid Prime is also defined for the first person change/style. My guess is that Nintendo is splitting up Metroid in Metroid 2D (remakes/newer smaller titles) and Metroid Prime (big 3D and first person adventure).

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Alkibiádēs said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbASYe68UWU

This looks pretty much the same as on the PS4 and XBONE, very impressive.

People often get hung up on Sonic Team's bad moments and failurss that they often forget that Sonic Team is not without some serious technical skill.  Look at Sonic Colors, Generations, and Lost World.  They know how to make great looking games and optimize them well.

So with the Spotlight done and E3 so far the NS' story is looking like this:

March - BOTW
April - MK8DX
May - Minecraft
June - Arms
July - Splatoon 2
August - M+R, MHXX (in Japan)
September - Pokken DX
October - Mario Odyssey, Skyrim
November - Fire Emblem Warriors, Zelda DLC, Rocket League
December - Xenoblade 2 if not the previous month

Kirby
Yoshi
Fire Emblem
Metroid Prime 4 (until clarified)
Pokemon Switch (until clarified)
No More Heroes 3
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter XX (West)
Monster Hunter 5 or Portable 5 (going by the the same leak that revealed world and XX)
SMTV
Octopath

Unknown Factors

Retro's Project
Pikmin World

Expected IPs in Future

Smash (looking to most likely be Smash 5 at this point)
Animal Crossing

Forgot a few things so updated the line up.