By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
TH3-D0S3R said:
Hopping on board

Hopefully Pikmin 4 is there. If Hey Pikmin IS Pikmin 4, oh boy...

No, bro!

Miyamoto already mentions developing with the Pikmin team a mainline Pikmin game, it was brought up in this same thread a few posts before yours.

Hey Pikmin is a spin off title being developed by a 3rd party team.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Not sure what to expect, but I hesitate to apprehend that they'll send us an E3 for their first year of a console and leave us utterly disappointed. Therefore, my rating is 7...

The main game is Super Mario Odyssey. Hopefully, Nintendo can somehow imitate and fuel BOTW levels of hype for this game (preferably more) and therefore justify the purchase of a Switch in the holiday season. The Galaxy games acquired variety and charm, so Mario Odyssey ideally should have a mixture of the recency of Mario games in terms of level design, but the gameplay mechanics of Mario 64, all in a sandbox setting. I have a hard time believing a contemporary Mario game could receive unprecedented levels of hype- but this is a Nintendo game, and they did it with Galaxy, so they could definitely do it again provided the effort. I guess I'm influenced by the disappointment of 3D World to presume this game can't turn tables.

As for other realistic expectations: Xenoblade 2 (apparently delayed tho?), Pikmin 4, Retro Studios (new project), Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem 2018 (unless strictly 2017 titles), Project Octopath Traveler, SMT 5, MarioXRabbids, MHXX localisation, Skyrim (?), short indie showcase, short third party showcase, BOTW DLC...

If this is truly a spotlight, then we could expect a mention of 20 games in 25 minutes, following the last Direct, remembering this isn't a conference. So we could be very well in for a treat. Hopefully, that doesn't include any more Mario games other than Maker however (please no Mario Party or sports games). I don't expect ARMS as they have already shown that game to death. It will be playable at the show floor but it has no place in a spotlight (it will only show up if Nintendo has literally nothing else to show). I have a gut feeling we'll see Splatoon 2.

As for those surprises specifically, Nintendo couldn't have ignored the Mother 3 outcry (E3 2014, anyone?) and the constant Smash pleading by fans...Animal Crossing sentimentally echoes as a 2018 title...since the last release was almost 5 years ago! They have to dish out E3 with at least one surprise, as the fans are literally who keep them afloat, so listen...

How the heck did i miss this thread?...

Funny thing, that pic in the first page is exactly how i see Spotlight going down: about 10 minutes for Mario and 15/20 minutes for the rest.

Besides the obvious trailers for the already known games we will see 2/3 games being announced (best buy pretty much confirms this).
1 being the Rabbids game and the other 2... hmm.... 1 new Nintendo game and the third being a Activision game (CoD).

What else will Nintendo show...
Mother 3 (at last!)
When the online service will be coming (includes list of games)
Indie games coming
3rd party games - japanese games, i mean ;)

That's about it.

I don't really know what to expect to be honest. I don't wanna put too much faith into this then be disappointed. I'll just... take it as it comes I think. Can't wait! 2 days! :)

I want release dates for:

- Hollow Knight
- Steamworld Dig 2
- Rime (+ footage)
- Stardew Valley
- Owlboy
- Dragon Quest XI (+ footage)
- Shakedown Hawaii
- Fire Emblem Warriors (+ footage)
- Shin Megami Tensei V (+ footage)
- Project Octopath Traveler (+ footage)
- Sonic Forces (+ in-depth demo)
- Fire Emblem Switch (+ footage)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (+ footage)

As for new announcements:

- Whatever Retro is working on (I think they will only show this next year though)
- Pikmin 4

Around the Network

Together we will right the wrongs of the WiiU.

HYPE.

I'm not going to have big expectations for now. I just hope to see one big unknown surprise which hasn't leaked.
Make it happen Nintendo .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I can have high expectations for this (Animal Crossing!) since ARMS comes out immediately afterwards to cheer me up from potential disappointment hehe.

One day to go! I think that Nintendo has this year sorted, so I didn't expect a lot of bombs from them. I think that fits in a 7/10 hype according to the poll XD. But I really want to see some Odyssey gameplays!