By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
guiduc said:
Wyrdness said:
So before tomorrow and reflecting on the Switch the year line up so far:

March: Zelda BOTW
April: MK8 DX
May: Minecraft
June: Arms
July: Splatoon 2
August: Mario + Rabbids, MHXX (for those in Japan)
September: Pokken DX
October: Fire Emblem Warriors (possibly)
November: Mario Odyssey (rumoured and very likely)
December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (may have been delayed to February)

1 big game a month = a big improvement over last two generations.

You're not kidding.  The best year that I can think of for the Wii U was 2014 and it only had six notable games: Tropical Freeze, MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Captain To Treasure: Ad Tracker and Smash ( Sonic Boom came out too but I think we all like to pretend that game never happened).  Since Nintendo is combining their development resources onto one platform, I think the 'at least one significant retail game per month' formula is going to be the norm.

Around the Network

I'm more stoked for Nintendo's E3 this year more than ever. I was disappointed by both MS and Sony.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nintendo you are our last hope tomorrow

ARamdomGamer said:
Nintendo you are our last hope tomorrow

Well, that's what happens when people want tons of big announcments in bulk; you get a lot of games that won't come out for 2-3 years and future E3's that consist of a lot of repeat content.

I must admit I am a little bummed out right now. Switch got very few third-parties so far; games that are supposed to come to Switch got sequels that are not (at least based on what we know) coming to the system (like Monster Hunter Worlds and Dragon Ball FighterZ). The Switch conference is only 25 minutes, so I doubt they can really squeeze many things in there (particularly because they will likely dedicate time to Xenoblade, lots of time for Mario Odyssey, FE Warriors, and potentially even ARMS and Splatoon which are launching so close). At this point I doubt we will see much in the way of major new games or announcements for third-party stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the length of that presentation is worrying, as it is even shorter than the May Nintendo Direct. I am hoping for the best but, frankly, expecting the very worst.

Around the Network

Nintendo this is your chance! You can get all the spotlight! Just like Zelda last year!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'm so pumped for this! Let's see a real Animal crossing game. And new Harvest Moon.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Rafie said:
I'm more stoked for Nintendo's E3 this year more than ever. I was disappointed by both MS and Sony.

You ain't lying. Nothing blew me out of my socks. I'm looking for something amazing and I'm not sure if Nintendo can deliver either. I know Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3 will do it.

PigPen said:
Rafie said:

You ain't lying. Nothing blew me out of my socks. I'm looking for something amazing and I'm not sure if Nintendo can deliver either. I know Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3 will do it.

A new Metroid and Bayo3 just might do it. Hell I'll take a Wonderful 102 or something. LOL

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Last hour predictions:

- Confirmed 25m ND fast-paced (as the last direct)

* Splatoon 2 minor details and tournament mention
* Arms 2 minor details and tournamente mention
* Pokken DX big details and tournament mention
* Online pay service for "another day" (late in the year)
* No Snes classic or VC (in case those exists)
* BotW DLC pack 1
* FE Warriors full trailer
* FE 2018 teaser
* Mario and Rabbids trailer (maybe the same as Ubisoft conference)
* Skyrim minor details
* Indie reel
* Other 3rd party games reel (Fifa, DB Xenoverse 2, more Ubisoft games)
* Xenoblade 2 trailer
* Super Mario Odissey
* 1 surprise announcement for 2018

Treehouse on 3DS stuff

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile