By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate your consoles!

I prefer 5 stars system, so

To buy today?

PS4 - 5 stars - Best home console, incredible library
3DS - 5 stars - One of the best consoles ever. Great price. Great library. Why not getting one?
PS3 - 4 stars - Great console, lots of cheap games. It's still a great console.
DS - 3 stars - It used to be great, but now, you can play all DS games on 3DS.
Wii - 2 stars - Used to be a very good console, but you can play Wii games on Wii U. Wii hardware is useless.
Wii U - 2 stars - Worst Nintendo console, worst console of this generation, terrible support, too expensive, you should buy it only if you're a Nintendo fan, otherwise just forget it.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

A bit boring, but

PS1 10/10

PS2 10/10

PS3 10/10

PS4 10/10

PSTV 9/10 memory card

This is a very nice thread! Let me see... this is from the consoles I own:

· Nintendo 3DS: 5/10. I don't doubt this is a great console for many, but for me it marked the beginning of my dislikeness for handhelds. There's something about it that it's totally yawn-inducing, and the library isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be; it's basically an Ace Attorney/Theathrythm Final Fantasy machine for me, with the ocassional SMT game or something else on the line. Also the battery life is atrocious, more often than not going red after one or two sessions of use. I give it a 5 at the very minimum because it has given me some joy from time to time, at least, so there's that.

· Original Xbox: 7/10. This guy featured some punch back in the day, being as capable as running Half-Life 2; it showed promise, and it has the best entry of Halo so far (Halo 2), plus also allowed to enjoy several other fantastic games like Arx Fatalis, Shemmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future or Knights of the Old Republic, to name a few. For a first attempt at videogame hardware/software, I think we can all agree MS didn't do a bad job here.

· Playstation 4: 8/10. First Sony console I've owned (though not the first one I've played with). It has a good library so far; sad that they haven't put all the PS1/PS2 classics on the store (dunno why, tbh). The controller is comfortable, even if the battery dies way too fast. I also happen to own the MGSV's special edition, so it's even more beautiful than the standard black. All in all, it's a great console, and the amount of games it has coming for is staggering, so this is definitively a solid entry in Sony's hardware; can't wait to play Nier once I get my hands back on it.

· Nintendo Wii: 9/10. Is it weird? Yeah. Does it feature some strange controllers? Yep. Is it uncappable of outputting at HD? Totally. Was riddled with atrocious shovelware? That's right. And yet, this machine here managed to shine for plenty of other things: a robust library, filled with first and (yep) third-party games, party-oriented nature that gives hangouts plenty of life, plenty of experimental motion-control based software (for better or worse, depending on which game we look at) and arguably some of the best entries in several iconic franchises of Nintendo. Fantastic console.

· Nintendo DS: 9.5/10. It might be weird seeing this little guy here ranking so high considering his younger brother ranked so low in comparison; and I agree. Can't really say what it is though. Might be nostalgia, considering this was the first console I ever owned. Maybe it was the nature of the touchscreen-based games; or maybe it's because it features some of the best games I've ever played. Whatever it is, the NDS is a timeless masterpiece of a hardware for me, and I can't even being to say how many hours of my life I poured into it. Also, Ghost Trick and 999 features some of the best-written plot I've ever witnessed in any medium, ever.

· Xbox 360: 9.5/10. Yep, it's probably nostalgia talking again here, but seriously, this is a fantastic console that has given me so much fun throughout the years. I've carried it everywhere, hangouts with friends, LAN parties, or tech events. I'm aware of its flaws, and certainly it has plenty; hardware-related issues, messed up dashboard (which every newer one), software dying after 2011 (where Kinect took over), online play blocked with a paywall. Fortunately enough, I could avoid some of those, so they were never really an issue with myself personally. It too features some of my all-time favourite games, and I've replayed them countless times. I managed to amass a library of over 100 games, and over 50,000 G without even trying (most of the time, unless it was a game I really liked, on which I would try going achievement huntin'). It sure features some crappy shovelware too and I was never too fond of Kinect, but it will always remain as my seventh-gen favourite console and probably an all-time one, too. It's just a shame that MS doesn't have the same vision for Xbox as they did during 360's early years.

Xbox360 - 9 great console, great online, awesome lineup,cheap.
PS3 - 9 good console free online, big line up, cheap
WiiU - 8 awesome local multilayer, Windwaker HD ( wouldn't recommend due to Switch)
PS4 - 8 best current games line up on consoles. Strong 1st party
Xbox one - 3.5 Big bulky,slow,horrible UI, battery controller weak 1st party Imo
Switch - 7.5 BotW, portable,unique, great potential

They're all fucking great!

Except the Ngage.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ganoncrotch said:
They're all fucking great!

Except the Ngage.

Don't single it out so strongly, poor thing!

It knows what it did.....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The main problem for me is that I've played a lot of games on the Wii, but I don't own it myself. I'd rate it between the PS3 and 360 if I did though.

PS3 - 8.5/10: Some notable issues especially early on, but became one of my favourite console's of all time by the end. One of the best game lineups as well.
Xbox 360 - 7/10: Weaker overall hardware with some unfortunate problems with durability. Also lacks in exclusive games I really care about.
PSP - 8/10: Great hardware, a lot of of good games especially from Japanese developers. Just not a huge fan of handhelds, so I've never spent that much time on it.
PS4 - 9/10: The best home console overall since the PS2, great game lineup and excellent hardware.

Wii 9/10 Not as many games as the other systems, but way cheaper. Has a unique library of around 25 good games that are almost all exclusives. Backwards compatible with GameCube.

PS3 8/10 Good exclusives, but slow to take off. Lots of games run kinda bad on it.

360 9/10 Almost no exclusives, but didn't try to screw the consumer from the get go like Sony. Good online for it's time, and gamerscore was brilliant.

XB1 3/10 Pretty useless machine. No exclusives thanks to every game also being on windows. Doesn't get a lot of the AAA Japanese titles that come to PC and PS4.

DS 10/10 Huge library of games almost all of which are unique to the system. Great battery life and backwards compatible with GBA.

PSP 7/10 Kind of expensive, but it does have a small library of good games.

3DS 10/10 An even bigger library of games that are almost all 100% exclusive. Backwards compatible with DS. Plays GB/GBA games from the e-shop.

Vita 4/10 Virtually every good Vita game can be bought and played on the PS3 or PS4. There's no reason to own this system outside of wanting a portable gaming experience.

Wii U 6/10 A unique library is about all that saves this from being ranked as low as Vita/XB1. Backwards compatible with Wii.

Switch 9/10 Really good library so far. Quality construction, and the most powerful handheld ever made. Great games coming out in the first year. Battery life could stand to be better by an hour.

PS4 10/10 Gets all the good multiplat AAA games whether they come from Japan or the west. Almost as many AAA exclusives as Nintendo consoles. The system absolutely blew up this year with a metric heapton of games that are either exclusive or semi-exclusive. Choice to get either the Pro or a cheaper model.

Wiiu: 7/10. Lack of games ports. Games too expensive
Wii: 8,5/10. Nice game library, the best pointers in the world (for shooters and poin 'n click), emulation of old gems
Home made Mame arcade cabinet: 10/10
Sega cd: 9/10. It all about soundtrack !!! Real rock n roll machine
Megadrive: 10/10: the best thing ever happened to video game industry.

PS4 9/10 Primary gaming machine at the moment. Still gets at least 5 must have games a year for my personal tastes.

PS3 7.5/10 Not very good Sony hardware, expensive but it had free online. Good exclusives, but too much focus late in the gen. Phat was BC with PS2 and PS1.

PS2 9/10 Massive library of very interesting and varied games. Also very cheap and BC with PS1.

360 5/10 Hardware is unreliable. Xbox Live much more expensive then free online with PS3. Had little focus late gen, and its successor didn't profit from it either.

Xbox 8.5/10 Good hardware unlike its successor. Varied library kept things interesting, but unfortunately it launched too late against the PS2.

Gamecube 8/10 Lots of different fun games, but same problems as Xbox.

Legacy Consoles 8/10 Classics are always fun to play, but nothing new and can have annoying/outdated mechanics.