By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 2017 thread- Xbox One X November 7th for $499 | Ori 2, Forza 7, and more announced

Care only about the scorpio so im ready

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Microsoft won’t be demonstrating Xbox VR at E3 as it shifts focus to wireless headsets

Microsoft has said before that it plans to support mixed reality headsets on Xbox One and the upcoming Project Scorpio console in 2018, but the company won’t even be teasing its VR plans at E3 this year. In an interview with Polygon, Microsoft technical fellow Alex Kipman says Microsoft is focused solely on mixed reality for Windows 10 PCs at the moment.

“We believe that right now a Windows PC is the best platform for mixed reality as its open ecosystem and enormous installed base offer the best opportunity for developers, and Windows offers the most choices for consumers,” explains Kipman. “Windows has been the birthplace of a variety of technologies, and we believe this will hold for mixed reality too. Given the efforts we have underway on Windows for mixed reality, and our belief that console VR should be wireless, right now we are focused on developing mixed reality experiences for the PC, not on the console.”

Kipman’s hint of a wireless headset for Xbox console gaming suggests that Microsoft is holding off on bringing its planned mixed reality headsets to its gaming console. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus, and Acer are all planning to release mixed reality devices later this year, but these all need to be tethered to a Windows 10 PC. When Microsoft first unveiled Project Scorpio, Xbox chief Phil Spencer said the console would be “built with the hardware capabilities to support the high-end VR that you see happening in the PC space today.” Microsoft’s mixed messages don’t provide much hope for VR on Xbox any time soon, and the company refused to clarify to Polygon whether its plans for wireless headsets would impact the 2018 promise for mixed reality headsets on Xbox One.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/6/15745798/microsoft-xbox-vr-headsets-wireless-alex-kipman

Thats a shame.

I would be interested in getting a Xbox VR headset if MS should ever release one; assuming it works with PC as well. The entry level for VR needs to be MUCH lower for it to take off in the PC. Wired/wireless.. whatever.

shikamaru317 said:

Looks like the Studio Gobo Microsoft project will be announced at E3. You can see the Scorpio dev kit in the picture of the tweet saying they're making a demo.

Is there any indication of what type of game it might be? hopefully its a AAA game.

I really really really hope cd projekt shows cyberpunk at MS's conference (or Sonys) considering Witcher was at MS's it's more likely​ cyberpunk does as well

I think square will announce a new tomb raider at E3 and I think there is a good chance they announce it here as well

I've been keeping track of this thread for a bit now but I'll finally post so I can get to it quickly. Soooo "tag"

Around the Network

No VR at all? Interest level gone :(

Lame excuse to wait for wireless headsets. I don't care about wireless headsets since I prefer to play seated anyways. Plus it's nice to have a device that doesn't need to be charged and is always ready to use! I'm charging stuff all the time, aim controller, move controllers, ds4s, WiiU Gamepad, Wii Motes, Switch, Joy cons, iPad, iPhone. I've got usb cables sticking out of my couch for charging crap, so in essence I'm still wired up anyway.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Is there any indication of what type of game it might be? hopefully its a AAA game.

They currently have two partnerships, one with Ubisoft and one with Microsoft.

Based on job postings Game #1 is a New Ip, AAA 3rd Person Action Adventure Game and Game #2 is a F2P Game based on a Globally Recognised IP for a Major Publisher.

Just don't know what game goes with what publisher however they're asking for touch based experience for Game 2 which suggests Mobile so I'm thinking that one is the Ubisoft one and it's something like AC on Mobile or whatever.

Then I really hope that it is game #1, Xbox needs more AAA exclusives.

I'm only somewhat interested in vr. It's still early days and hasn't got the AAA backing I'd like it to have before I bought a unit. So knows. Maybe next year... I'm not holding my breath though.

No VR really sucks the life out of the Microsoft event. It was the biggest thing driving my interest after last years announcement.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

VR is probably super early anyway so I don't care that it's not there. Show it to us when there are games, a release date, and a price. That should free up a lot of time for other stuff. Too bad they won't confirm no Minecraft BS next.