By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Days Gone" could play a big role at E3

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

if ffviir is ready for holiday, then Sony can wait with god of war til march;)

Unless Sony is really dropping a new LoD I don't think FF 7R has any impact on any Sony game release date xP

let's See what this  e3 will bring, some suprises for sure

Around the Network

What little I have sen of this game looked generic and dull.

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Apparently Redemption 2 was delayed to 2018, hmm...

because ffviir and god of war will release this year

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
Just like many here i wasnt all that excited for this game (though ive never seen the zombie horde act like it did in that demo in any game, so i was at least giving it that), however i got pretty excited for the game after watching an interview with the devs in which they explain their goals with the game and what they are actually trying to do.

The interview im talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH5bFYBEHeo&t=459s

Can't watch it because I'm at work, could you please single out the highlights that took your interest?

Sure.

It starts with a good question that goes something like this:

Interviewer: "Is this a reflection of the popular love of Zombie culture?"

Dev: "Oh no, that couldnt be farther from the truth, first and foremost we are big fans of open world games so what we really wanted to do was to create a game that was set in a dangerous open world, and to do that we brainstormed a bunch of ideas into what would make riding a bike through the high desert or the pacific north west just super dangerous."

They explained that they are fans of World War Z and that the "Zombies" in their game are infected and not actual zombies (hence why you can kill them without headshots), much like the ones in 28 days later.

In other words they went with the whole infected zombie game because it was what fitted their idea , and what they are trying to do is make a fun open world game, and i gotta say its gonna be fun to run away from a world war z infected horde while riding your bike.

The devs say they know people will think this is yet another zombie game but they explain how its different (according to them):

- Its an infection (this things are alive) so not traditional zombies

- depending how old the person is whe he/she got infected it alters them in different ways

- they have needs and rules, and cycles they live by (and that goes into play with the open world gameplay)

- so this things are more like monsters since a lot of them will behave radically different (and probably look very different as well).

- the gameplay demo might look like a linear section of the story, but its still open world and could have been played in several different ways.

- there are other vehicles in the game

- your bike can be upgraded

- there is crafting in the game, you can make traps, tools and gadgets

- finally they said that its great working for Sony because they give them the time and creative freedom to make the game as great as it can possibly be.

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Apparently Redemption 2 was delayed to 2018, hmm...

because ffviir and god of war will release this year

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I hope it can have a good story behind it as well, getting to know this "monsters" cycles could be part of it, but I its sounding like it could be a bit of a "mindless fun" kind of game, though still filled with tension.
Let's see how it unfolds.

The last game i played from them was Syphon Filter 2 on the PS1... and i dont remember if the story of those games was any good, though i do remember having a lot of fun playing them, its one of those games where i have no idea how this is gonna turn out.

All they need to show is a great story and an in depth way to use weapons and survive the world war z zombies and song might have a hit on their hands.

This one could be a big holiday 2017 game for Sony!

Keeping my on this one, but not super hyped. One of my Xbox friends bought a PS4 slim specifically for Days Gone (and Naughty Dog games in general).

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Maybe this time we get to see a gameplay demo that's not mind-numbingly boring.

I don't think we saw the same demo, it was anything but boring, it was pretty tense and fast paced.
When they announced the game with the trailer I wasn't a bit interested on it, then when they actually played the game in the ending of the show I loved what I saw, I'm looking foward to it, it better come out soon so it won't get too much put against TLOU2.

Oh we saw the same demo, you are just showing your usual average taste.

Stumbling away from slow zombie hordes and making the stupidest decisions just so they can catch up and then wasting ammo indiscriminately is not my entertainment. But I guess for average people it is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.