By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch eShop charts (5/18/17)

This week’s Switch eShop charts are as follows:

Software

1. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition

2. NBA Playgrounds

3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

4. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

5. Kamiko

6. Snipperclips

7. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

8. Has-Been Heroes

9. Puyo Puyo Tetris

10. TumbleSeed

11. Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap

12. Blaster Master Zero

13. Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical

14. The Jackbox Party 3

15. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

16. FAST RMX

17. ACA NeoGeo Garou: Mark of the Wolves

18. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug

19. I Am Setsuna

20. 1-2-Switch

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Not a bad top 20.

I would give my left eye to have numbers on these charts.

How do they make this list? By taking the three regions and combing them? In any case it seems NBA Playgrounds is doing really, really well.

Wow @ NBA Playgrounds. I'd really like to have the numbers on that game.

It makes sense, I suppose. Switch is very much about recapturing the fun and accessibility of 3rd and 4th gen games. A tribute to NBA Jam fits into that model very well.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

It makes sense, I suppose. Switch is very much about recapturing the fun and accessibility of 3rd and 4th gen games. A tribute to NBA Jam fits into that model very well.

I think sports games are going to do better on Switch than people think. I think FIFA and NBA2K will do better than those franchises have done on Nintendo platforms in a long while. 

If FIFA launched with the Switch I think honestly it would be the no.3 selling game on the system behind Zelda and Mario Kart. 

Puyo Puyo Tetris must've done half decent too ... it's relatively high up on the charts and also fairly high up on the retail chart.

I guess Snake Pass fizzled out, funny how 'I Am Setsuna' and 'Kamiko' and 'Has Been Heroes' keep tracking ... Switch owners sure seem to love their fantasy/mideval tropes.

Soundwave said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think sports games are going to do better on Switch than people think. I think FIFA and NBA2K will do better than those franchises have done on Nintendo platforms in a long while. 

If FIFA launched with the Switch I think honestly it would be the no.3 selling game on the system behind Zelda and Mario Kart. 

Definitely possible. I remember picking up Madden '07 for Wii, having never played a game in the series before that. It was just exciting to play the game with motion controls.

Maybe the portability of Switch will trigger the same curiosity for non-sports sim fans like myself.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Soundwave said:

Definitely possible. I remember picking up Madden '07 for Wii, having never played a game in the series before that. It was just exciting to play the game with motion controls.

Maybe the portability of Switch will trigger the same curiosity for non-sports sim fans like myself.

The ability to play high end versions of FIFA/NBA are definitely going to have appeal I think. Switch also has a better demographic for those games IMO. It definitely has crossover appeal with the PS4/XB1 bases. 

who else bought #14 ? lol