By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG!!!! ps3 can now upscale DVD movies ,ps1 and ps2 games upto full 1080p!!

Alot of HUS's post commented on how everything Nintendo was kiddie. Kiddie was his favorite word when talking about the Wii. I found that offensive. However, I never really cared to respond to his posts.

Around the Network
larry said:
DKII said:
Great news, though a lot of it is just catching up to what the 360 can already do, this definitely increases the PS3's value to me if/when I ever actually get an HDTV.

mods do remove the ban on HUS.

as u can see in the forums there are many controversial posters bashing the ps3.

yet no action is taken.

just because ps3 well-wishers are few in this forum it seemed HUS was trolling at times.

However with proper scrutiny you wd see that his posts were not very offensive.

I am sure vgcharts allows "freedom of expression ".

You should encourage posters so that the forum doesnt become a one sided console heaven.

This in turn makes the forum very lively and facilitate frequent NEW POSTS pertaining to gaming

seriously... you're a total retard

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

rocketpig said:
larry said:

we dont expect anything from those posters who claim x360 doing better than ps3 in Japan despite selling 2k units and also in Europe where ps3 is the most selling console.(NOW)

I have yet to see anyone post that the 360 is doing better in Japan than the PS3 is. They're both doing terribly (though you would never admit that).

ps3 still beats x360 by a margin of 5:1 there which in fact is 10:1 since x360 costs 250 over there and ps3 530.

with folk soul ,Minna golf,NGS,MGS 4, DMC 4 ps3 would reclaim japan by the end of this year.

you know that better than i do.

and probably x360 sales would plummet to 1k and the ps3 and Wii would interlock in  a

fierce fight for japan glory by the end of 2007.

We do all agree to that

KruzeS said:
larry said:

coming from

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

No, please. Is that offensive to you? I am so sorry.

You gotta watch The Colbert Report some time, though.

Gotta love Stephen Colbert

I haven't heard anyone saying the 360 is doing better than the PS3 in Japan (unless you are talking software wise, which is proven by the numbers in the past couple weeks). Now, what I have heard, is that when the Trusty Bell Bundle releases, there is a chance the 360 will outsell the PS3 in hardware.

Around the Network
larry said:

ps3 still beats x360 by a margin of 5:1 there which in fact is 10:1 since x360 costs 250 over there and ps3 530.

with folk soul ,Minna golf,NGS,MGS 4, DMC 4 ps3 would reclaim japan by the end of this year.

and probably x360 sales would plummet to 1k and the ps3 and Wii would interlock in a

We do all agree to that

Thats the problem sometimes, larry. Making a statement like that is what gets people fired up. I personally agree with 360 in Japan. However, I do believe Nintendo has and will retain control of Japan. If the DS is any indication, the Japanese industry is changing.

larry said:

and probably x360 sales would plummet to 1k and the ps3 and Wii would interlock in  a

We do all agree to that

Okay Larry, you can't multiply the ratio at which a console is outselling a number based on its purchase price, especially when the higher purchase point is losing money while there's a good chance the lower price point is not.

And out of those five games you listed, the two biggest ones aren't coming out this year.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This is a nice update but this thread seems to be more interesting now :p Okay, I just remember france and german numbers if we talk about europe, and I also remember a thread saying the PS3 was struggling in UK. So where exactly is it the best selling console over here? It was, back in march, but now the Wii is clearly selling better (despite beeing outsold in many stores)

Larry, the problem we have is with your maturity. it's severely lacking. Does it matter if the PS3 is selling 5:1 in a market that means the difference is just 6,000 systems when the Xbox 360 is selling 2:1 in the US, which is a difference of 120,000 systems? Its like the great passage from the Bible "don't look at the speck of dust in your brothers eye when you have a plank of wood in your own" The reason Hus, Kwaad, and Washimul got banned isn't because they are pro-PS3, but like you (with the exception of Kwaad), their rants were meaningless, dumb and unproven. The Wii fans dont get banned because they don't act as bad as the rampant Sony fanboys. For the record, we've never banned anyone thats a 360 owner too. Why? They don't cause problems like your kind do. Sales will tell the true tale in Japan, America and Europe. But any of those 3 ways, there's bad news for Sony in every area.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Kwaad is back, btw. Although, I know a few Wii fans that get carried away sometimes, especially when it comes down to predictions.