By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG!!!! ps3 can now upscale DVD movies ,ps1 and ps2 games upto full 1080p!!

won't old games look like shit when you upscale them? Isn't this why nintendo improves on the N64 games before putting them on the VC?

Around the Network

BTW

heres the official link

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/5/23-52

cant wait for DNLA

http://www.dlna.org/en/consumer/home

JDWolf36 said:
So what about anyone buying the system now without the emotion chip in it don't they loose out on most the PS1 and PS2 upgrades and upscaling dvd players are under 100 dollars aren't they? That remote play upgrade sounds great if I had a PSP I definetly would enjoy that one though.

woww.

talk about ignorance.

both the 65nm based ps3 and the old ps3 with the EE chip can do upscaling.

the upscaling is done by emulation aided by the Cell processor and the RSX.

a 100$ dvd cannot upscale to full HD at 1080p.

Thats great for current PS3 owners, not gonna move systems though. Nice that Sony is giving something good to the early adopters.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
larry said:

onslaught starts MAY 24th with 1.80 and Warhawk Beta.

Getting upscaling for pretty much everything is indeed impressive... but are you seriously claiming the Warhawk Beta is going to change anything? I mean saying the game itself being released will turn things around is extremely unrealistic at best, but to claim the Beta would do anything for the sales is just plain insane.

i meant on 24th you have 2 new big surprises coming your way.

you wd be playing the warhawk beta +ps2 games at 720p +watch movies at full HD + have much improved psp-ps3 connectivity + better online service and experience

OMG Onslaught is coming   with 1.80 and Warhawk Beta.

Nice pic

DonWii said:
Thats great for current PS3 owners, not gonna move systems though. Nice that Sony is giving something good to the early adopters.

oh god here we go.

Great update, looking forward to thursday. 

Nah. I am not gonna argue why it wont, just saying that IMHO, it wont. Flaming wont come from me.