By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Chris Cornell, Soundgarden/Audioslave frontman, dies aged 52 Update: It seems that he hanged himself

shikamaru317 said:

Audioslave

This song will forever be one of my favorite bops.

Rest in peace.

Around the Network

Liked his singing more then most grunge bands :(. Sad the world loses him.

I honor him with this STP masterpiece:

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Damn, one of the rare remnants from the grunge wave of the 90's, I grew up to these songs and this sound and I still listen a lot to it. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Bush are still a huge deal for me, thank goodness that Bush and Pearl Jam are still at it.

I was listening to Audioslave last night and when I Am The Highway came on I cried for real. Rest in peace.

Around the Network

Never a sound garden fan but was a big Nirvana fan back in the day

I'm a pretty big fan. Have all their albums. I have Audioslave too, but that was a band that, while I didn't dislike, I also felt that they were somehow less than the sum of their parts. I don't mean this in a ghoulish, gossip rag way, but I hope someday, more information comes out as to why he did what he did.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

This unbelievably sucks hard. I'll be playing You Know My Name loud today in his honor. Sad he had to go out like this. You'd think he'd have so much to live for.

COKTOE said:
I have Audioslave too, but that was a band that, while I didn't dislike, I also felt that they were somehow less than the sum of their parts.

Yes, I'm surprised to see Audioslave fans here. At the time it felt like 'run of the mill' artificial superband that release one or two forgettable albums and dissolve in a few years. Soundgarden was his real sh!t

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

one of my favorite childhood bands for sure. another grunge legend 6ft under.. shame shame.
some how ozzy, keith richards, jimmy page, nikki six all out lived our 90s icons.
what a crazy world.

just going to leave this masterpiece here check this underrated soundgarden song out its one of my favs for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92PymUnh6cQ

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~