By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Chris Cornell, Soundgarden/Audioslave frontman, dies aged 52 Update: It seems that he hanged himself

Amazing haunting yet sharp vocalist. In my opinion, one of the top two grunge vocalists of the 90s next to layne Staley. I scratched off my bucket list when I went to a soundgarden concert last year. Utterly amazing. Thank you, Chris and Rest In Peace.

Around the Network

His funeral is Friday the 26th. Been listening and watching his work all weekend. Those songbook performances are what hurt the most.

I'll be attending an Eddie Vedder concert on the 27th, if he is able to perform that is.
Gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions if he is.

m0ney said:
COKTOE said:
I have Audioslave too, but that was a band that, while I didn't dislike, I also felt that they were somehow less than the sum of their parts.

Yes, I'm surprised to see Audioslave fans here. At the time it felt like 'run of the mill' artificial superband that release one or two forgettable albums and dissolve in a few years. Soundgarden was his real sh!t

Yeah, it's strange for me to see people remember him from his Audioslave time instead of Soundgardens'. I guess that's partly an age thing.  

Audioslave did make some killer songs though but what really impressed me were his songbook shows. That voice carries so much feel, it's haunting. 

Another awesome talent taken too soon. Well, he's waiting for us there. Like a stone.

seems like many people are blaming it on the anxiety medication he was on

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.