By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Chris Cornell, Soundgarden/Audioslave frontman, dies aged 52 Update: It seems that he hanged himself

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/18/chris-cornell-former-soundgarden-singer-dies-aged-52

You know what, I'm surprised. It wasn't even that long ago where I was talking about how of the grunge vocalists, that Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley and Scott Weiland were all dead, and now Chris Cornell has died too! So now only Eddie Vedder is left! So, were any of you guys fans of Soundgarden? How do you feel about this news? I guesss I'll share my favourite Soundgarden song:

Update: After getting more information, it seems that it was a suicide, specifically by hanging:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/chris-cornell-cause-of-death-suicide-hanging-dead-latest-news-a7743691.html

Around the Network

Oh my lord, this is truly bad ): death of an icon. Rest in peace Chris Cornell ):

That's a damn shame, rock just lost a legend.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Well this is a bummer.

CaptainExplosion said:
Horrible. He wasn't even that old. -_-

Yeah, it was a very unexpected death! He was just talking about a concert in Detroit when it happened.

Around the Network

When Scott Weiland, my fav, died a year and a half ago, Chris Cornell did a nice tribute to him:

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

sad news, was a fan of his work, especially Audioslave. he will be missed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

gonna go listen to Say Hello to Heaven by Temple of the Dog now

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Damn! That's terrible news!

He had such a strong voice. Loved his Bond theme - You Know My Name.

Signature goes here!

zorg1000 said:
sad news, was a fan of his work, especially Audioslave. he will be missed.

Yeah, it was really sudden and out of nowhere!